APOD Firearms

"MORE" Florida Gun Control in the works!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I saw that the other day. And it's based on "the honor system." No records will be checked or anything, it's only so they can ring the seller/buyers neck if the other one were do something stupid. It makes a bill of sale mandatory, and apparently it restricts gun show sellers by making them run full background checks? Its absolutely rediculous.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Proposing a law does not necessarily make it a law. What are the chances of it passing both houses and getting the signature of governor. Hey every session there are antigun bills proposed. This is a given. I would like to see an analysis telling me how much do I have to worry about it. What are the chances of it passing.

Last edited:

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Proposing a law does not necessarily make it a law. What are the chances of it passing both houses and getting the signature of governor. Hey every session there are antigun bills proposed. This given. I would like to see an analysis telling me how much do I have to worry about it. What are the chances of it passing.
    Correct...and bills alone use to not worry me, but the state of affairs here is getting pretty rediculous. After how close that last election was, didn't give me good vibes for the future.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Correct...and bills alone use to not worry me, but the state of affairs here is getting pretty rediculous. After how close that last election was, didn't give me good vibes for the future.

Yes the state demographic is changing and I hope we do not end up in the same state of affairs as is Virginia.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Troubling that this is proposed by a Republican. They are supposed to be pro 2A. Truth is they are often feeling for the direction of the wind and sailing along with it.

Support and defend the Constitution... Or not it seems.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Troubling that this is proposed by a Republican. They are supposed to be pro 2A. Truth is they are often feeling for the direction of the wind and sailing along with it.

Support and defend the Constitution... Or not it seems.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Historically and to this day the republican party is the party of business and protection of the bill of rights is not their first priority, fact other than the tea party, no one is. In order to beat the democrats and get the working man's and retired military vote they have made promises. Second amendment people need to keep the pressure on these politicians that have made promises because many of them can not be trusted. I know for a fact that in the recent past that the Florida chamber of congress was running a campaign against guns in the parking lot and other places because one of their lawyers contacted me. I was secretary of a local chapter for industrial safety and he was trying to get our support. I nixed it. Some of the republican women in the group were all for it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We know who "We the People" are but WHO does "shall not" represent: "Who" shall not infringe on The 2A? Though the dems always push gun control under various Titles and Reps were "stronger" 2A related supporters, its not about Party and its not about Majority; either in Office or Voting: its about "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". That simple but all encompassing caveat of text means: NOT by politicians, NOT by judges, NOT by Congress, NOT by the President and NOT by a majority of Voters!

Prior generations and us, have allowed encroachments by entities that have not had Constitutional Authority to do so. They give "themselves" unlawful authority then use it to their own advantage and against the People Represented and Protected by the Constitution. Firearms are just one issue to be addressed, fixed and fully restored but if that is not accomplished: all other Rights will be erroded into nonexistence and there will be no tools to fight those battles either. AND that is exactly what the political power brokers want.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So much fail in that bill, even the GD Lawyers can't keep their venom deconflicted. It requires the questions of the "soon to be OLD" 4473, yet then it requires the seller to confirm that the buyer answered "No" to EACH question. Hmmmm, since question #1 asks if you are the actual buyer, if you answered "No", then....

Technical Catch-22 aside, the bill is called a public safety bill, but it's 80% intrusive government bureaucracy that will only affect the lawful sheep.

Do they honestly think illegal street-thug will get a bill of sale NOTARIZED that includes his DOB, address, ID-card number, etc?

These politicians who submitted this crap, and those spineless coward Traitors who vote for it can go F--K themselves with a splintery 2x4...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So much fail in that bill, even the GD Lawyers can't keep their venom deconflicted. It requires the questions of the "soon to be OLD" 4473, yet then it requires the seller to confirm that the buyer answered "No" to EACH question. Hmmmm, since question #1 asks if you are the actual buyer, if you answered "No", then....

Technical Catch-22 aside, the bill is called a public safety bill, but it's 80% intrusive government bureaucracy that will only affect the lawful sheep.

Do they honestly think illegal street-thug will get a bill of sale NOTARIZED that includes his DOB, address, ID-card number, etc?

These politicians who submitted this crap, and those spineless coward Traitors who vote for it can go F--K themselves with a splintery 2x4...
    Honestly is the key word and that obviously does not apply to the proponents of this bill.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had been telling these boards that the state of the Florida legislature was anti-gun for the last few years. People say this has little chance of passing, but these anti-gun bills have more chance of passing than pro-gun bills do, and not just because no one proposes pro-gun legislation anymore. The Senate judiciary committee is run by republicans, but is anti-gun by a margin of 6-3, and they are going to vote in favor of the bill. The Senate President and his second in line are both republicans and both anti-gun.

Nothing is being done though. We replace one anti-gun Democrat with two anti-gun republicans down south, and it made matters worse.

Been saying it for years, but people were tired of hearing it. Now everyone is concerned?

It’s ok. Just vote republican.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You are MOST CORRECT JBryan. There are approximately forty bills pushing gun control on the agenda between the Florida House and Senate and the President of the Senate and his henchman have received monies in PAC contributions for "your friend and mine" Michael Bloomberg. You know what his agenda is. MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD, your emails read and heck,give it a little practice even, . . WRITE A LETTER to your representative saying NO MORE GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION. ONEROUS stuff is in the works. I lived in Virginia for my first 43 years and was a founding member of the Virginia Citizens Defense League when it was first known as Northern Virginia Citizens Defense League. We had a good deal of success, but then the demographics of the population of the state has changed and those who appreciate their gun rights aren't always willing TO FIGHT TO KEEP THEM, but rather stay home and LET THE OTHER GUY VOTE. Well, the other guys are voting, even THE DEAD ONES and the NON-CITIZENS have been found on the voter rolls. So don't think it can't happen here with TURNCOATS who say "I am a Republican". I champion your right to hunt with a bolt action rifle. I support hunting." They keep trying to tell us the 2A is about HUNTING. NO, IT IS NOT. It is meant to keep people in check like those tyrants in office who always think THEY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR US or they are OBEYING THEIR TASKMASTERS, the big donors. They are SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT US, not the Bloombergs and Soros's of the world. SO FIRE UP THE PHONES AND EMAILS, their Facebook pages with what YOU WOULD WANT THEM TO DO TO REPRESENT YOU. Make sure you have the CONTACT INFO for your representative and senator handy..."I'm MAD AS HELL !! AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE" (to coin a phrase - see NETWORK the move, if you don't get that reference.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^^^ So His Office says he will not Vote on it if it advances: that's a B.S. delay tactic: Yea, Nay, Present or Absent. Clearly your concerns were Pro 2A and the Answer does not stay he will vote against it. His "Office" is just deflecting and there is nothing in that Answer to hold him accountable.

We need True Pro 2A Republican Challengers in the Primaries, unseat that bought and paid for dead weight.

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in central Florida and check out all of the Republican candidates, starting with the NRA ratings. The NRA only covers the higher offices so I would like to see more ratings, such as Judges and school board members.

Every now and then a candidate will actually admit to being a member of the NRA which really makes it easy to make a choice.

At eighty years of age I find that if a politician is a responsible gun owner, chances are their other views will be close to mine.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For decades Dems said and still say they support the 2A while pandering for votes. They even posed holding firearms. Look at Fl Ag Commissioner Nikki Fried (D) she says she has a gun, has shown her a FL permits for CC and Pot: She is currently fighting to impose more gun control especially Writing in support of a AW and Mag Bans!

Its only a recent trend to be so open and vocally opposed to firearms. Of course, they want you to think they only want evil guns and you can keep your double barreled shotguns and bolt action rifles (for awhile longer).

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I FINALLY heard Biden talking shit about taking guns,mags,ammo,etc.
    He ACTUALLY wants to start low and work up high. He was speaking at some all black rally recently.
    Was waiting for him to say something like . . . "And all you thugs out there will have to turn in your guns also".
    Must have missed that part of his "rant". --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For decades Dems said and still say they support the 2A while pandering for votes. They even posed holding firearms. Look at Fl Ag Commissioner Nikki Fried (D) she says she has a gun, has shown her a FL permits for CC and Pot: She is currently fighting to impose more gun control especially Writing in support of a AW and Mag Bans!

Its only a recent trend to be so open and vocally opposed to firearms. Of course, they want you to think they only want evil guns and you can keep your double barreled shotguns and bolt action rifles (for awhile longer).

You touch upon an important point. Many antigun politicians personally own firearms. They just do not think that you and I have a right to them.
    If everyone has a gun, are we not more equal then when only the VIPs have them?

Top Bottom