• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoSlack2327

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, Colt resurrected the venerable Python in 4.25” and 6” barrel lengths. Stainless steel for now. They claim that the stainless they’re using is stronger than before. They also beefed up the frame and made the the front sight post easier to remove. Colt also claims the trigger is better than the original.
    Anybody get their hands on one yet? Thoughts?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trying to payoff bankruptcy one snake gun at a time. Lol. Newer, stronger and better is great but we must remember: Colt X (whatever name they were using at the time) stopped production of those great guns because of low demand mostly from "high street price" and keen competition: price/quality. The lack of new production drove "collector pricing". $1900(+-). I read up on the new Snakes "After years of development and testing ......." It's more likely that "After years of failed attemps to get big Gov contracts, cutting off civilian sales of AR models (AGAIN) and the 1911 Line isn't generating enough revenue to offset ever increasing debt: we started making Snakes again, ....."

Kimber has a following too but I don't think their $750-$850 K6 revolvers are breaking sales records either. Asking $1500 for a Python and $800 for a Cobra: I really don't see a change in their future from the last time. Is Eastwood bringing Dirty Harry back with a Python this time? Their probably great guns this time around too, buy "new" while you can.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The reviews that I've read say the new Pythons are no where as good as the old ones. I've owned two of the original Pythons, a 4" blue and a 4" nickel. Both were the sweetest shooting revolvers that I've ever owned. I don't think people will be saying that about the new ones.

Top Bottom