Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Cool 300BLK bolt gun build

Somehow got the bright idea that I wanted to build me a blackout bolt gun. I was really wanting the Kimber Adirondack due to its extremely light weight, unfortunately I found that Kimber has quit producing them in the 300blk. So, while sitting in the house waiting on the rain to quit I was hobbling along gunbroker and decided on another Remington model 7. I have one in .243 and it has been a great rifle to me for 30+ years. Iím not sure how this new Remington will stack up to its predecessor but we will see. Anyways I ordered the rifle with a threaded barrel, went ahead and ordered a DBM kit from Pacific Tool and Gauge so it will eventually accept AR style P-mags. Also looking into possibly a new trigger not sure on that one yet. It comes with the x-Mark pro adjustable trigger so we will see how it measures up first. Also will be adding a nice custom stock when funds allow it. The main goal is to stay accurate and functional. Wanting to keep it compact and as light as possible. Planning on suppressing and thermal for a short range destruction stick. Anyways itís been a while since I have re-worked a rifle so Iím getting excited. Here is a pic:

Name:  816E181E-D8FD-4F08-91E3-BDF94351343D.jpeg
Views: 55
Size:  117.5 KB

"THE FIERCEST SERPENT MAY BE OVERCOME BY A SWARM OF ANTS" Isoroku Yamamoto

Originally Posted by HughJoergan
    And no I'm know a head shrinker, but I'm drinking coffee.

Very nice man, looking forward to seeing the results on this one. Which can will you be running on this one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    --Insert inspirational quote here--

Quote Originally Posted by JWlineman View Post
    Very nice man, looking forward to seeing the results on this one. Which can will you be running on this one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thinking I’m gonna hold off for a few weeks and see what come out of SHOT this year. I’ve heard some new light weight mufflers are coming out so we will see. Again I’m wanting to keep it as light as possible, that being said with the thin barrel profile my accuracy will most likely suffer if I add the weight of the can. We will see I suppose.
    "THE FIERCEST SERPENT MAY BE OVERCOME BY A SWARM OF ANTS" Isoroku Yamamoto

Originally Posted by HughJoergan
    And no I'm know a head shrinker, but I'm drinking coffee.

4. Likes Mullet Hunter's Post: