• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Somehow got the bright idea that I wanted to build me a blackout bolt gun. I was really wanting the Kimber Adirondack due to its extremely light weight, unfortunately I found that Kimber has quit producing them in the 300blk. So, while sitting in the house waiting on the rain to quit I was hobbling along gunbroker and decided on another Remington model 7. I have one in .243 and it has been a great rifle to me for 30+ years. I’m not sure how this new Remington will stack up to its predecessor but we will see. Anyways I ordered the rifle with a threaded barrel, went ahead and ordered a DBM kit from Pacific Tool and Gauge so it will eventually accept AR style P-mags. Also looking into possibly a new trigger not sure on that one yet. It comes with the x-Mark pro adjustable trigger so we will see how it measures up first. Also will be adding a nice custom stock when funds allow it. The main goal is to stay accurate and functional. Wanting to keep it compact and as light as possible. Planning on suppressing and thermal for a short range destruction stick. Anyways it’s been a while since I have re-worked a rifle so I’m getting excited. Here is a pic:

816E181E-D8FD-4F08-91E3-BDF94351343D.jpeg

Attachments

• 816E181E-D8FD-4F08-91E3-BDF94351343D.jpeg
      816E181E-D8FD-4F08-91E3-BDF94351343D.jpeg
      24.2 KB · Views: 288

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Very nice man, looking forward to seeing the results on this one. Which can will you be running on this one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Very nice man, looking forward to seeing the results on this one. Which can will you be running on this one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thinking I’m gonna hold off for a few weeks and see what come out of SHOT this year. I’ve heard some new light weight mufflers are coming out so we will see. Again I’m wanting to keep it as light as possible, that being said with the thin barrel profile my accuracy will most likely suffer if I add the weight of the can. We will see I suppose.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well things are coming together for my short range 300blk bolt project. Installed a Calvin elite 8oz trigger, Bell and Carlson Medalist “dark green with black spider webbing” decided that I did not want to install the DBM so I will be listing it for sale. I decided I did not want a magazine hanging out of the bottom. I figured carrying the gun on a sling, and it limiting my movements I would just do without. So I will keep the trapdoor magazine and its 5round capacity. I ordered a Vortex Crossfire II Scout scope 2-7-32 with a Vortex 3” cantilever scout mount. The scope got awesome reviews and I get a pretty good discount from Vortex so that was a no brained.

I have been on the reloading bench here lately working up a few different loads. So far I have 150gr Hornady SST’S, 125gr SST,s as well as some 110gr TAC TX bullets. The Barnes seems to be the go to load for deer hunting inside of 150 yards. The Barnes apparently is devestating when loaded properly. Tomorrow my scope come in so hopefully Saturday I can get some grouping done to see what is gonna fly the best.

Still haven’t decided on the suppressor yet, I obviously want something very quiet and light. Another contributing factor is that it won’t be dedicated to just this rifle so I also want something that I can use on my other 30cal host. I guess I had better decide soon because ATF doesn’t get in a hurry so I need to get my form in.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Check out the Sandman K. It's only 12.8oz.

Top Bottom