• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    https://rexsilentium.com/

I hadn't heard of these guys until last November. They emailed me a coupon code that was hard to pass up. There are a few reviews out there but for the price I gave them a shot. Lifetime Warranty, No barrel restrictions and a solid price point.

I got a few different versions of the MG7 and a couple of the MGX. All their MG cans are the same (1.7" diameter, 5.6", 12.1oz, 1.375x24tpi back end) with the exception of the bore diameter. They'll go from .224 up to .500. Their ready to go offerings are the 6 baffle model. Their custom "X" lets you pick from 3 to 15 baffles in whatever bore size you want.

Goods: I've only shot them a bit but so far I think it's a great option that is way cheaper than their competitors. I don't have a meter so couldn't get any sound numbers but at the very least they weren't noticeably louder(as the shooter) than a Saker 762, Omega or Vox S. Using the 1.375 back end is great because I can use all of my current mounts. They come with a direct thread cap with one version offering a built in brake. I wouldn't use that setup by itself but you get some extra protection for the blast baffle without the length/weight penalty of a QD mount. The large diameter gets you lots of volume and I did notice ejection distance and gas were a little reduced with the Rex can. Delivery was pretty quick and the cans look great.

Bads: They aren't heavy but they are heavier(1-2oz heavier than my light cans) than some of the other options out there. It's hard to complain too much about it, especially at the price point. They don't offer an swappable end caps. Again, not a huge deal and they mention easy repair and quick turn around for damaged cans, but most of the higher end cans give you the option. The 1.7" diameter is great for performance but they won't work with a couple of my current handguards and it's a tight fit for the ones that do work.

Unknowns: It's easy to offer a lifetime warranty and awesome performance. We'll see if they can follow through if needed. And that warranty doesn't mean squat if the company isn't around. I like the finish on them but not sure how it'll hold up. I don't have any concrete Db readings so they may be louder than the main stream offerings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom