• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They push to get their 700+thousand "verified" signatures by 01 FEB 2020.

If that garbage makes it to the ballot, and passes the legal challenges for the obviously deceptive wording, then we'll see how many libtards actually live in this state.

How far do these anti-American shitbags have to go before the adults in the room make them sit in a corner and stop?
    What a bunch of annoying little bastards.

Luckily for them, their logic is truly flawed. If American Gun-owners were a fraction as bad as the media lies, these incessant attacks on our Country wouldn't be tolerated so peacefully...

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The initiative states: "any weapon which fires a single projectile or a number of ball shots through a rifled or smooth bore for each single function of the trigger without further manual action required."

My single-shot contender fires a single projectile for each single function of the trigger. Further manual action is not required if you don't need to shoot again.

I think the language prohibits all long guns.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So why haven't those III'rs gone after the writers of the bill??
    Oh, yeah, because they ain't gonna ever do squat.

Further, I think most actual Americans have never read the works of Patrick Henry.
    And I don't mean just his blurb..."give me liberty or give me death"

And if you see one of these petitions, write Daffy Duck or your favorite WB cartoon character's name.
    Ruins the page ;)

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ... And if you see one of these petitions, write Daffy Duck or your favorite WB cartoon character's name.
    Ruins the page ;)

Good advice. Heck, they use the system against the Country, why not use the same system against them.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One signature allowed per page.

Signing a fictional name will, if it is turned in for validation, only affect that single petition form.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has been discussed previously here.
    Is it still in play? I think it is dead, but I am not sure.
    As of December 9, 2019, the Department of Elections showed that proponents had submitted 124,683 valid signatures
    766,200 valid signatures are required.
    Deadline: The deadline for signature verification is February 1, 2020. As election officials have 30 days to check signatures, petitions should be submitted at least one month before the verification deadline.
    If the above is true they likely have failed because it is already January.

Apparently they seem to have enough signatures for a review
    After a petition reaches 76,620 verified signatures it goes before the Florida Supreme Court for a review to ensure it meets ballot requirements.[19]
    The review have to face a challenge at state supreme court from both the state of Florida and NRA.

If the OP had been more thorough he should have posted this
    OPINION
    Assault weapons ban hits a snag, but will be back | Bill Cotterell
    https://www.tallahassee.com/story/o...hits-snag-but-back-bill-cotterell/2675068001/
    Essentially they will likely propose this again for 2022.
    Dec 18
    Barring a miracle, supporters of a ban of military-style assault weapons in Florida will probably have to lower their sights and aim for the 2022 elections. But they’re running a sophisticated late campaign to gather petition signatures for their constitutional amendment.

Ban Assault Weapons Now, the Miami-based campaign committee running the public initiative, made a quick and easy direct-mail appeal this week that aims for the head and the heart in an effort to boost its lagging signature total.

Records in the Division of Elections indicate BAWN has 127,008 verified voter signatures on file. It takes 766,200 to get on the ballot. The deadline is Feb. 1.

That means they’re not going to make it for 2020, unless there are hundreds of thousands of signed petition forms not yet turned in to county elections supervisors. But signatures are good for four years, so supporters of the weapons ban can keep going and maybe have enough a referendum in 2022.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought this BAWN effort was to add the ban/restrictions as a Fl Constitutional Ammendment: X signatures puts it on the ballot if all other requirements are met. It then requires approval from 60% of the Voters.

This part previously posted is bum scoop: If it fails at any point they would need to wait 20 YEARS for the next opportunity to go that route (avoiding elected Lawmakers).

ADD: The proposed Ballot Measure is being challanged and is scheduled for the Fl Supreme Court on Feb 4, 2020.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought this BAWN effort was to add the ban/restrictions as a Fl Constitutional Ammendment: X signatures puts it on the ballot if all other requirements are met. It then requires approval from 60% of the Voters. If it fails at any point they would need to wait 20 YEARS for the next opportunity to go that route (avoiding elected Lawmakers).

My understanding is that they are good to go to try for the next general election 2022. Where did you read 20 years. Please give a source. What surprises me is that if they can use the signatures that they already have on hand and not have to start from zero signatures in 2022.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My understanding is that they are good to go to try for the next general election 2022. Where did you read 20 years. Please give a source. What surprises me is that if they can use the signatures that they already have on hand and not have to start from zero signatures in 2022.

My "Thought" was partially incorrect. After your comment, I researched that 20 year interval and it's for the process of the Fl Constitutional Revision Commission (last done 2017-2018) refered Ballot Measures which also bypasses politicians. Good catch, I'll update my post. Thanks

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "$3 and $5 donations pouring in, even from those who list no occupation." Yeah right. Soros and Bloomberg and their front groups are paying people to send in "small" donations, trying to turn Florida into another sh*#hole. We need to be asking Florida politicians why are they allowing these anti-American criminals to influence and corrupt Florida. I usually don't waste the time to ask, as you only get a form letter response, but I will ask because if we sit back and just let these criminals do their bidding, we will soon be like Cal, New York and a several places, whose citizens are fleeing to Florida and then voting for the same crap that caused them to flee.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://gaetz.house.gov/contact/email https://www.rickscott.senate.gov/contact_rick https://www.flgov.com/email-the-governor/ https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact
    Msg Sent:
    Greetings. I was reading in a Tallahassee news paper about how thousands of "$3 and $5 donations are pouring in, even from those who list no occupation." to support BAWN to change the Florida Constitution. While some of these contributions may actually be coming from individuals, people like George Soros and others are paying people to send in donations to interfere with pro-gun states such as Florida, attempting to subvert our Constitution and those who are elected. This needs to be stopped.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "$3 and $5 donations pouring in, even from those who list no occupation." Yeah right. Soros and Bloomberg and their front groups are paying people to send in "small" donations, trying to turn Florida into another sh*#hole. We need to be asking Florida politicians why are they allowing these anti-American criminals to influence and corrupt Florida. I usually don't waste the time to ask, as you only get a form letter response, but I will ask because if we sit back and just let these criminals do their bidding, we will soon be like Cal, New York and a several places, whose citizens are fleeing to Florida and then voting for the same crap that caused them to flee.

They are trying to get around Florida law. It prohibits out of state money to fund the collection of signatures. They want to pay professionals to collect signatures. A popular ballot initiative should be volunteer in it actions and not paid for by big shot out of state A__H___s.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

You ain't kidding. They leave because the state goes to shit then they want everyone to be miserable.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Didn't know Virginia's Capitol Building had a bunch of gun related crime? [Sarc]. Nothing invites mass murders than gun free soft target zones. I read elsewhere there is a VA Bill in the works to Indoor Gun Ranges: targeting the NRA HQ Range and ranges that aren't used primarily used (90%) by LE. It reguires user ID checks with user registration Log: name, home address, phone#, LE Dept Name. That's defacto firearms owner registration and locations where firearms are probably stored. There are exemptions for ranges inside State and Fed buildings.

So this is another anti-gun shit Bill (HB567) not only targets the NRA with the "50 employees in the building, All private indoor ranges without 90% LE usage would be in violation and probably shut down.

Those anti-gun dems are in total control for the first time since 1994, I expect this will be their Last. What they pass now will be abolished later. Guns will disappear rather than be registered, "Registration" ID's gun friendly people, odds are that If a person owned one that required Registration for "Grandfathering", they own more guns. Like Los Angeles: grandfathered first, banned later AND now the gov has a LIST of what stuff, where it's located and who to arrest. Gov never gets rid of Intel and that's what the Registration List is.

Top Bottom