• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^^ Covered that in Comment #14, seems the MIT guy is selectively only looking at what hit without consideration of what didn't: which was over 50% of what Iran launched. Airbases cover a lot of real estate and they got some on the Base. Didn't kill like they intended, didn't hit HQs, Comm, ammo or fuel supply. Even though their "accuracy" has improved (was about equal to Saddam's SCUDS), it is not even close to the accuracy or targeting capabilities of our superior Tomahawk. We don't "shotgun" it, we put it on the exact target: poof=gone.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Headlines are intended to grab attention, article text say "MILD traumatic brain injuries"and "39 0f the 64 have returned to Duty". I'm not trying to undercut any of our Service person's injuries (those returned to Duty can still suffer long term problems. I Just want to show the disparity between headlines written to gain attention and factual content. Blast wave concussion can kill and concussive injuries are a serious, Trump is still getting heat for the initial low casualty numbers and severity comments.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/64-...-casualty-total-continues-to-balloon-1.616914

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Headlines are intended to grab attention, article text say "MILD traumatic brain injuries"and "39 0f the 64 have returned to Duty". I'm not trying to undercut any of our Service person's injuries (those returned to Duty can still suffer long term problems. I Just want to show the disparity between headlines written to gain attention and factual content. Blast wave concussion can kill and concussive injuries are a serious, Trump is still getting heat for the initial low casualty numbers and severity comments.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/64-...-casualty-total-continues-to-balloon-1.616914

Thanks for the update and also to Zeroed in.

I am wondering at the high rate of injury due to concussion, but not fragments as one would expect. I do not doubt the article.
    I am wondering how it was done. I am not an expert for this sort of ordnance.
    It was known that an attack was coming and I assume everyone was in bunkers. My guess is that the missiles were set for bursting at some ht above ground and maybe some went off simultaneously. Would still hurt people in bunkers of some types.
    If so it was deliberate and well thought out.
    Any thoughts on this.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A very good read on combat TBI aka blast-induced neurotrama. Very focused on TBI and not covering other blast injuries like ruptured eardrums, collapsed lungs, bleeding orifices or external physical trama.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/healing-soldiers/blast-force.html

Note: This is Part II, there is a Link to Part I in the top left corner. Part I has first hand TBI comments from those dealing with it after they come
    home.

The missles used by Iran in the attack allegedly have a 1K(+-) pound explosive (type?) payload. However, when I looked at some photos of bomb damage with structures still standing next to impact creaters, I'm not seeing 1K BDA (pretty weak stuff). Compare to the JDAM 1K BOMB (30-40% of weight is explosive):
    https://www.military.com/video/oper...saf-drops-1000-lb-bomb-in-kunar/1456378625001

Top Bottom