• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The shoe looked like all my gen 3s. I did not really study it. I will get a better pic later.
    FF537513-0F65-405C-8B9C-394007824782.jpg

Attachments

• FF537513-0F65-405C-8B9C-394007824782.jpg
      FF537513-0F65-405C-8B9C-394007824782.jpg
      111.2 KB · Views: 88

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Here is a pic of the 34 next to a gen 3 p80 17. Both are “cocked”. The picture doesn’t seem to capture the difference quite as much but you can see it. I will also post pics of the trigger mechanism housing with the screw in question. I truly believe it limits the take up and not over travel.
    C7A7C1C8-B27C-4293-9864-D21194065818.jpg
    As stated earlier I can buy everything from the shoe to the housing for $30 so will be doing that in the future. I was quite surprised that Glock internals are that cheap.
    9B203B39-D1C1-4080-A0CB-B3F1159B5D29.jpg

2723DB96-5DA9-4F91-BCB8-2F7C41074699.jpg

Attachments

• C7A7C1C8-B27C-4293-9864-D21194065818.jpg
      C7A7C1C8-B27C-4293-9864-D21194065818.jpg
      257.8 KB · Views: 109
    • 9B203B39-D1C1-4080-A0CB-B3F1159B5D29.jpg
      9B203B39-D1C1-4080-A0CB-B3F1159B5D29.jpg
      137.1 KB · Views: 105
    • 2723DB96-5DA9-4F91-BCB8-2F7C41074699.jpg
      2723DB96-5DA9-4F91-BCB8-2F7C41074699.jpg
      148.4 KB · Views: 92
    Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I am not seeing are details on drop safety and other issues. On a 1911 one has a positive manual safety and there has been no mention of if a manual safety can be fitted as there can be on an OEM glock.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A year or so back someone on here shared a story about a lady who was shot in her leg by her own Glock that was holstered and she was not even touching it. I think it was IPDA and I think there was video of it. Turns out she had bought the gun from another shooter who had “tuned” it. She almost lost her leg due to infection.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A year or so back someone on here shared a story about a lady who was shot in her leg by her own Glock that was holstered and she was not even touching it. I think it was IPDA and I think there was video of it. Turns out she had bought the gun from another shooter who had “tuned” it. She almost lost her leg due to infection.
    How can such things happen, very easily. One thing to check even after installations with OEM or any parts if striker engagement adequate.
    Poor engagement. Taken from WT forum. Orange is an inspection slide cover plate. Not for actual carrying and firing of gun.
    pin-safety_2.jpg

Apparently just changing out the parts can fix this. Their fix was to install their striker that offers more engagement
    After a trigger job or no job, but striker and trigger bar with minimal engagement shooting it a lot can result in loss of engagement. But the firing pin safety should prevent firing assuming no one has also buggered it up too.

Same gun but with a new striker.
    SI striker2.jpg
    One should inspect any glock to make sure it is still good to go after so many 1,000's of rounds.
    An armorer can fix the condition to increase engagement in the first picture without replacing the parts. Replacing the parts is better.
    In Smyrna the assemblers have piles and piles of parts that they assemble and then check. If one doesn't fit one gun, it will fit another.
    ......After having worked on Glocks and made parts for Glocks for some ten years now I really wish I'd have picked a Rolex like a SIG DA = but hindsight as it were. The variances in frames are also amazing. Not something noticeable by simple assembly and cycling but the same slide with the same firing pin will have good engagement in some frames and totally insufficient engagement in others. Glock doesn't care because to them, there is no reason why anyone would change their slides.

Attachments

• SI striker2.jpg
      SI striker2.jpg
      131.7 KB · Views: 86

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who is the above . . . "In Smyrna the assemblers . . . ".
    Who stated this that you copied ?? --- SAWMAN
    Glock inc is so located
    Locations
    Glock headquarters has expanded to five different locations across the world, according to its corporate website. Besides Austria, Glock Inc. is headquartered in Smyrna, Ga., Glock America S.A. is located in Montevideo, Uruguay. Glock H.K. Ltd. is found in Hong Kong, and Glock Middle East FZE calls Dubai, United Arab Emirates, its home.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who is the above . . . "In Smyrna the assemblers . . . ".
    Who stated this that you copied ?? --- SAWMAN

Who was copied on that: it was WT or Warrior Talk Forum and the statement was from the owner Gabe Suarez.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fwiw: Defensive handgun triggers

I'll offer my thoughts on this. I have several Factory Armour's Certs but that is not equivalent to the skill of a true Gunsmith. That said, I can troubleshoot, change and fit "some" Mfr parts. I've repaired a bunch of friends and relatives firearms. I have always refused to do what I call a "classic trigger job" on existing factory trigger components. Factory trigger part changes that improve trigger function, yes; after market including "trigger packs": no. I own several firearms with adjustable factory triggers and have found no reason for further adjustment with my useage. I'm not saying all trigger "work" or after market parts/packs are bad, it's my liability line in the sand. This Thread is aligned primarily with basic/carry handguns and not target or competition guns from what I have read, so I'll focus in that direction only.

Moving to you and your "triggers". If you play any of the popular controlled environment competive gun games and use the same gun/trigger setup or use a single firearm: I'll concede that you know exactly how that trigger performs and through your repetitions are "in sync". Those "user skills" can be used with less refined triggers and would net better results than someone less "skilled". Considering all the types of competition, it is unlikely those competition guns are in daily carry use. Dedicated self defense practitioners who utilize the same skills and the "practice gun" IS the daily carry gun; also reap a degree of "sync". Quaility firearm instructors that maintain a high skill set enabling them to demo at full speed and attain the desired result are also "in sync".

A person can enjoy a fine trigger while using it but that's a temporary application. You can remember how it functions and deliberately apply that knowledge given time to do so but that is not equal to the use of engrained fine motor skills under true life or death stress: its not that a person won't be able to use the trigger (gross motor skill); its that the person will not use the same finesse/technique. We can see the Stress vs Trigger concerns taken to mechanical extremes with such things as the "NY 12lb trigger". Stress impacts intentional operation AND cases of unintentional discharge from operator trigger creap to other types of negligent discharges.

I won't bore everyone with all the types and variations of firearm triggers so I'll say generally there are vast differences in their basic functions and the quality of those functions. Let's look at Trigger Reset. A lot of trees and trons continue to be killed to inform the gun public on this subject. It shows up as a gradeable issue in gun reviews, a standard teaching point (or refresh the presumption of "necessity") in firearms classes (Mil & LE too), though seldom is heard warnings of "short stroking it" resulting in a dead trigger and the deadly consequences of that error. Many folks practice the Reset gospel but have you ever read of "Reset" being used in a civilian defensive gun use? Trigger Reset is a fine motor skill which goes right out the window in defensive gun use. Interviews of people involved in defensive shootings who knew trigger reset: didnt use it, they reverted to instinctive "Rolling or Slapping" the trigger. A bunch of top tier multiple competition winners said: they don't use it! The reason I addressed trigger reset is because its one thing on the Range and another on the Street and the same applies to all aspects of the trigger. If your going to (odds are you will) Roll or Slap the trigger in a life/death situation: what practical difference does a 3.5 Lb or a 6Lb trigger pull matter? Folks carrying generally heavier DAO triggers can use them, DA/SA folks jump the transition. We often shoot a variety of guns at the range, just a SWAG but probably different triggers; so what's your "default" under true stress trigger pull? You're going to pull that trigger till it goes bang and repeat as necessary.

Distance - Triggers - Accuracy. WE should know OUR limitations (you/gun). A "good trigger" properly used trigger control: will disrupt sight allignment/sight picture less. A person can screw up trigger control on a great trigger too. However, distance and situation will dictate your response and even whether you use both sights, single front sight/Dot, classic point shooting or from the hip/contact shots. Within Situation is the 800Lb gorilla TIME. Urgency often kicks finesse and fine motor skills to the curb in favor of default actions like Rolling/Slapping the trigger. Above "in sync" people can default to their ingrained higher skill sets.

Millions of gun owners "learn" their bone stock factory trigger(s), l'm one of them. If YOU (repeat YOU) think trigger work will provide a benefit with the guns intended purpose (defensive use) go for it. If the trigger work is because the cool kids do it or to keep up with the Joneses: money is better spent on training and ammo.

It doesn't seem logical to buy defensive handgun that has a trigger you don't like. I don't want to open the Court Room hypotheticals on modified firearms, its been done elsewhere but a factory 3Lb 1911 trigger or a factory 3.5(+-) Glock trigger are not routinely issues for you to defend.

These are my opinions and perspectives, YMMV.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well written piece.
    The trigger reset is a fine perk that I have not practiced in handguns and maybe I will not. Biggest obstacle is many of my handguns will not reset until I completely release the trigger. I believe in the KISS principle to make one technique work for all scenarios.

In rifles like an AK I have learned to hang onto to that trigger after I pull it to prevent the gun from bump firing at the final stage of recovering from recoil. I had a case when I put a shorter stock on a gun I started to get doubling. Someone else that is much shorter and thicker than me had no problem with that WASR. I replaced the original firing control group with a different tapco group and the doubling stopped. .

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find a toothpaste polishing before doing anything else, tends to end up being the only thing done.
    Apply toothpaste, sit on couch watching cowboy movies and shooting all the bad guys...
    by the end of a rainy Saturday, usually you've got a nice smoooooth trigger pull in yer gun.
    Clean it out, lube, and enjoy!

Top Bottom