• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anyone know of a current reloading book that has a good variety of 300 blackout and 458 socom data? Or am I better served just adding printed load data from powder manufacturers websites? I've got Lymans 49th edition and I'm looking to supplement it with another book with the newer loads we are seeing in the AR platform.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know of a current reloading book that has a good variety of 300 blackout and 458 socom data? Or am I better served just adding printed load data from powder manufacturers websites? I've got Lymans 49th edition and I'm looking to supplement it with another book with the newer loads we are seeing in the AR platform.

Please let us know what you come up with. My reloading manuals are really out of date since there are now so many new powders.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How about Sierra 6th edition, copyright 2019

300 AAC Blackout. pages 616 to 626 covering 110gr to 240 gr bullets

same manual

458 Socom. pages 881 to 882 300 gr bullet only

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm trying not to buy another $40+ manual. Is the sierra manual only for sierra made projectiles? Or does it cover all makes?

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I paid about $18 from Midway around Thanksgiving. It was like half price. Only Sierra bullets. Yes, they are expensive. You may find a used copy on Ebay. I have six manuals both current and old. For me, I invest in good data and components for my reloads. I find my eyes, hands and rifles not worth risking over questionable data. YMMV. I wish you the best.

Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I paid about $18 from Midway around Thanksgiving. It was like half price. Only Sierra bullets. Yes, they are expensive. You may find a used copy on Ebay. I have six manuals both current and old. For me, I invest in good data and components for my reloads. I find my eyes, hands and rifles not worth risking over questionable data. YMMV. I wish you the best.

Lymans isn't questionable data. I've printed out supplemental data from powder manufacturer's sites for all the guns I own as well as other popular calibers. I just don't see the need to waste money on another full manual that replicates the data of all the same loads. I was just looking for a manual that was updated with current AR variants as they used to be considered wildcats until they got more popular. You stated the sierra manual only has data for the 300gn 458. That's what I would consider questionable if that's the only load they offer and I'd consider it a waste of money to buy a manual that only has data for a single projectile in a caliber I own.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Remember many of bullet makers will offer online data for specific bullets that they sell for the more common cartridges.

I've printed out sierra and hornady data for the projectiles I've bought. Again though, there's not much for the 300 blackout and 458. I was hoping to find an all inclusive manual with a bunch of load data for those specifically. The rest of the data is from searching online forums for loads and going to the powder manufacturer sites and printing it from there. I think I'm just gonna make a binder and print out a ton of the specific data I need.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've printed out sierra and hornady data for the projectiles I've bought. Again though, there's not much for the 300 blackout and 458. I was hoping to find an all inclusive manual with a bunch of load data for those specifically. The rest of the data is from searching online forums for loads and going to the powder manufacturer sites and printing it from there. I think I'm just gonna make a binder and print out a ton of the specific data I need.
    Right now I am on the hunt for full loads that are supersonic 220 gr loads for the 300 blackout. Very interested in the plated projectiles.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right now I am on the hunt for full loads that are supersonic 220 gr loads for the 300 blackout. Very interested in the plated projectiles.
    I have started folders for downloaded files of loads for some calibers. They are meager at the moment on my computer.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Go to LOAD DATA. If you are not a member and you see something you want,let me know. I will get the powder charge(s) for you. ---- SAWMAN

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lymans isn't questionable data. I've printed out supplemental data from powder manufacturer's sites for all the guns I own as well as other popular calibers. I just don't see the need to waste money on another full manual that replicates the data of all the same loads. I was just looking for a manual that was updated with current AR variants as they used to be considered wildcats until they got more popular. You stated the sierra manual only has data for the 300gn 458. That's what I would consider questionable if that's the only load they offer and I'd consider it a waste of money to buy a manual that only has data for a single projectile in a caliber I own.

I was not questioning Lyman data. I use Lyman also. Sorry for confusion in my post. I was thinking more about data from forums that are not vetted. I only use that to look for potential accuracy loads that fall within published data load ranges. I should not have mentioned that as you never suggested using it in your OP, once again, sorry.

Speaking of Lyman, I have a copy of the manual you linked above. My copy has (on pages 81-82) 11 bullet weights from 110 to 180 grains for 300 BO and on page 97, 5 bullet weights from 255 to 500 grain for 458. Hope this helps

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For the LOAD DATA renewal,about three months ago,my credit card was charged $29.95.
    I have had a subscription there for about 6 years now. For the most part,loading manuals,either from bullet or powder manufacturers are worthless. I have more than several that I will be trying to GIVE AWAY in the near future.
    For me,between the internet and LOAD DATA,in my downsizing,I will never need another loading manual. Especially the ones from powder manufacturers. YMMV. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the LOAD DATA renewal,about three months ago,my credit card was charged $29.95.
    I have had a subscription there for about 6 years now. For the most part,loading manuals,either from bullet or powder manufacturers are worthless. I have more than several that I will be trying to GIVE AWAY in the near future.
    For me,between the internet and LOAD DATA,in my downsizing,I will never need another loading manual. Especially the ones from powder manufacturers. YMMV. ---- SAWMAN

From their website

Please note, by purchasing this subscription you are expressly agreeing to the terms and conditions as noted to the right of the description.
    Add Subscription To Cart
    $34.95

(Subscription Details)

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Let me know when you go to offload those unwanted manuals. I'd love to have them being as I'm a broke ass and love to have more information at my disposal.

Top Bottom