• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guess I'm gonna have to look at the Hurlburt rifle/pistol club, 'cause my old shootin' grounds are gonna be back up in the great white north. Thanks all.

The Rifle&Pistol Club is definitely worth it for those who work on-base. With a CWL, wear your CC through the gate to your parking spot, if wanted. Safely stow the weapon/holster. Lock the vehicle. On a lunch break, go empty a couple mags with an office buddy. Or after work, if you stay past 3pm but the sun is still up (range is closed if the sun isn't up) and you'd rather spend some time at the range vs sitting in traffic. Wear your CC from your last parking spot on your way off the base going home.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Much appreciated. I'm on the west side of the base and also normally leave at 3:00. I'm hoping I can get out the gate and on my way before most of the crap, but I'm also a bit desensitized by living the nightly Crestview back-up. Believe it or not, we also have a ton of school-related traffic on 85 since many up this way tend to send their kids to Niceville. The lack of traffic is quite apparent on non-school days.

. I find classical music helps.......

I listen to am talk radio, gives me something to talk back to.. or gospel music

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Forgot to mention a warning about the Navarre water company. Mercenary folks only interested in squeezing more and more money from everyone possible. Exorbitant prices. Didn’t realize precisely how expensive until we moved and our water bill dropped from 140 a month to less than 40, even though we now have yet another child lol.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Rifle&Pistol Club is definitely worth it for those who work on-base. With a CWL, wear your CC through the gate to your parking spot, if wanted. Safely stow the weapon/holster. Lock the vehicle. On a lunch break, go empty a couple mags with an office buddy. Or after work, if you stay past 3pm but the sun is still up (range is closed if the sun isn't up) and you'd rather spend some time at the range vs sitting in traffic. Wear your CC from your last parking spot on your way off the base going home.

Yeah, I've been thinking on joining for years. Just never did because most of my shooting was done up this way on a Friday afternoon. The drive down from Crestview just wasn't appealing to me, but now that I'll be closer, it seems the right thing to do, and even a work-day shoot seems sensible.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forgot to mention a warning about the Navarre water company. Mercenary folks only interested in squeezing more and more money from everyone possible. Exorbitant prices. Didn’t realize precisely how expensive until we moved and our water bill dropped from 140 a month to less than 40, even though we now have yet another child lol.

Thanks for that. Is Holly-Navarre water an option on that side of 87? Looks like if we stay with Cox for our internet we'll save enough to offset that. Up here, the only Cox plan available with decent connection speed (Wife needs that) mandates we get the digital TV package, too. Down there we can go Internet-only, as we've wanted to do up here for years.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I listen to am talk radio, gives me something to talk back to.. or gospel music

I like the solitude of the instrumentals, and am actually slightly disappointed that may drive may be shorter, but I'll get over that ;-)

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm a builder/contractor in Navarre, been here about 18 years. Also lived in Holley by the Swamp HOA...recently moved out of there and my quality of life has improved dramatically. If you have not already decided on a house feel free to contact/personal message me. I'm NOT trying to sell you a house, but would like to share some information that may help.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Buy a RV Park!!!
    My buddy Bob has a R.V. park for sale off of Panhandle Drive. Has a ranch home you can live in for free! Park makes more than enough money, you don't have to work anywhere else!!! Deer Trail Estates: Owner Bob Carl, 850-501-6867

Top Bottom