• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I read on another forum that Wolf is getting into the Blackout game. I hope they do well and sell enough to get the prices down. Starting with supers but supposed to have subs coming out next year. The one video review I saw on YouTube said they had trouble with the 5.56 Pmags feeding the steel. I have an 8.5” pistol that I put together but barely shoot due to ammo cost. I see this really helping the caliber popularity.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    agreed, i just ordered an 7.62x39 upper because I wanted the 300blk but not the cost associated per bullet.... will wait to see how this turns out....

on a side note, steel mags seem to feed better that p-mags on the 7.62 small casing platforms... or so it seems so by vast internet experts that I trust explicity... lol... I did order a c-products SS mag to test in the upper I bought...

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relative to mags, there are specific mags out there intended for the .300 blackout. I plan on using the .300 blackout in a pistol and plan while not using a suppressor to load ammunition for a lesser flash and report. I was looking at the berry plated 220 hollow point and think maybe with a fast burning powder to get it to 1300 fps that is .44 mag ballistics. Should be effective at close range in a house and needing a lesser amount of ear protection out of a 12 inch barrel compared to 5.56 nato loadings.
    Steel case plinking ammo would just be great and i have been waiting for this to happen.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The 145's at close to 2000 is somewhat appealing to me. It is just another alternative to reloading . . . depending on the ammo's cost.
    Wondering about the hardness and seating depth of the primers.
    I will shoot the steel in my single shot only. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 145's at close to 2000 is somewhat appealing to me. It is just another alternative to reloading . . . depending on the ammo's cost.
    Wondering about the hardness and seating depth of the primers.
    I will shoot the steel in my single shot only. --- SAWMAN

Sounds like a smoking load for a 300 blk out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Somewhere around here I have a tool that cuts off a bullets tip,then another that drills for a hollow point.
    Gotta dig that out and give it a try. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somewhere around here I have a tool that cuts off a bullets tip,then another that drills for a hollow point.
    Gotta dig that out and give it a try. ---- SAWMAN
    I had not seen the ballistics of the load that is
    As seen in the marketing information below, Barnaul’s steel-cased 300 Blackout ammo will be loaded with 145-grain FMJ bullets traveling at an advertised muzzle velocity of 1,985 fps. The cases will be polymer-coated and the bullets are bimetallic (magnetic).
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/12/19/barnaul-wolf-steel-cased-300-blackout/

I doubt that the the Barnaul ammo will actually be doing that, but I could be wrong.
    Bimetal jackets, for the HP to work one will need to score the jacket around the hp to be sure of expansion in gel if it is anything like the AK hp performance in gel with the 123 grain wt bullets at 2250 to 2350 fps. Maybe a pig will offer enough resistance for it work.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m looking forward to trying this ammunition. If the price is good enough I’ll stop loading range ammo and just shoot it.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The 145 grain load seems strange to me. Likely a typo from someone. Since they are already loading 7.52x51 with 147 grain bullets, that is what I expect they would use as it makes sense. Might have to check some out when it comes out as I just bought an upper for 300BO!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just ordered some remanufactured 300 bkout since I need to go and try out an upper that I purchased a little while ago. With the shipping it is about 41 cents are round that is not dirt cheap, but i need it now.

Top Bottom