APOD Firearms

Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties are 2A sanctuaries?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Santa Rosa did just the other day. From what I gathered from the media report that it is more symbolic. Here is the link https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2019...uary-resolution-santa-rosa-county/2633064001/ In Santa Rosa County you can also sign up for county militia which from what I understand really means nothing.

Right now there is a lot going on in Virginia that may be against the forum policy to discuss since people there are proactively talking about using militias to oppose any future gunlaws that the Democrats are planning to enact. The democraps just got control of the governors office and both houses in virginia.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okaloosa? That's news to me. Regardless of how rural the northern part might be, this whole county is ruled by those in the tourist industry. I just don't see them overtly doing anything that would have even a remote chance of driving away a paying customer. Not if our current sheriff has anything to do with it, either........

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There are tons of retired military in Va. In and around the Norfolk area there are more active and retired (per capita) than P'cola.
    Wondering how this will effect them or concern them. I suspect some will be moving. I have a couple of old retired buddies that live in extreme western Va. They love it . . . BUT . . . it is still Va. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are tons of retired military in Va. In and around the Norfolk area there are more active and retired (per capita) than P'cola.
    Wondering how this will effect them or concern them. I suspect some will be moving. I have a couple of old retired buddies that live in extreme western Va. They love it . . . BUT . . . it is still Va. --- SAWMAN
    The rhetoric coming from Virginia is very strong. More than a 100 counties are now 2nd A Sanctuaries and militias being started up. Some sheriffs seem to be openingly supporting the pro-gun side in saying they will not enforce the proposed gunlaws. People claim that over at https://www.ar15.com/index.html there is a lot of discussion over this and maybe even some promising from out of state to come in.
    It could happen here in our region in the future.
    For Florida: Looks like the most recent proposed gun ban will not make the ballot last I read due to not having enough signatures. But if so there is always 2022.
    I will buy what I want in the new year and that will be that.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    2022, 24, 26 etc. They aren't going to stop until there's a full on ban. There's nothing to give then that will shut them up unless it's the whole friggin thing.

Waiting to hear/see what happens with the scotus nysrpa case. That could be a boon..... or business as usual.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Short of an actual Civil War, Nuclear Holocaust, or Giant Comet of Doom, there is nothing that will ever stop the anti-gunners from trying to weaken the USA.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Okaloosa? That's news to me. Regardless of how rural the northern part might be, this whole county is ruled by those in the tourist industry. I just don't see them overtly doing anything that would have even a remote chance of driving away a paying customer. Not if our current sheriff has anything to do with it, either........

Your current Sherrif put it forward and it was voted in unanimously by the county commissioners.

mooosie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Santa Rosa did just the other day. From what I gathered from the media report that it is more symbolic. Here is the link https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2019...uary-resolution-santa-rosa-county/2633064001/ In Santa Rosa County you can also sign up for county militia which from what I understand really means nothing.

Right now there is a lot going on in Virginia that may be against the forum policy to discuss since people there are proactively talking about using militias to oppose any future gunlaws that the Democrats are planning to enact. The democraps just got control of the governors office and both houses in virginia.

I believe King George said the same thing you just did!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe King George said the same thing you just did!

Why do say that?
    The SRC militia does not train and likely does not even have a command structure. You sign up and get a card and I am not aware of anything else. I guess the antigun people could view that as threat. The SRC Militia are not minute men and there is no Paul Reverie riding yelling the FEDs are coming. Of course all of that could change.
    1994 https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1994-05-29-1994149022-story.html
    The measure's sponsor, H. Byrd Mapoles, suggesting the resolution had more symbolic than legal weight, said he did not expect citizen-soldiers to start drills on the courthouse lawn anytime soon. Nevertheless, county commissioners are planning to distribute membership cards and wall plaques to anyone who wants to make a statement of support for the Second Amendment.

"Most folks in this part of the country are not willing to give up their guns," said Mr. Mapoles, chairman of the Santa Rosa County Commission. "This is simply a way for us to say that Santa Rosa County is united and stands its ground."

Since the measure was unanimously passed by the five-member commission last month, other officials in the Florida Panhandle have seized upon the idea. Commissions in neighboring Escambia and Okaloosa counties later passed almost identical resolutions.

And, not content to rely on the interpretation of the Second Amendment, the Escambia officials are considering establishing a "posse comitatus," an armed sheriff's auxiliary open to interested county residents. The right of the sheriff to create such a posse is codified in state law.

Both opponents and advocates of gun control said that they thought the actions of Florida's three westernmost counties, which have a combined population of just over 500,000, were the first of their kind in the nation. They also said they were not surprised a militia movement had emerged in the Panhandle, whose population comprises the highest percentage of military retirees of any region. in the United States.

mooosie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made that remark because you seem concerned about free speech. Forum policy , I don’t know, maybe there is a policy against free speech . I’m sure King George wanted to quiet the rabble-rousers tooas for training I sure there are a lot of ex military who have had a lot more training than the columnists ever gotI think we should support any freedom loving group. Especially if they are fighting unconstitutional laws.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made that remark because you seem concerned about free speech. Forum policy , I don’t know, maybe there is a policy against free speech . I’m sure King George wanted to quiet the rabble-rousers tooas for training I sure there are a lot of ex military who have had a lot more training than the columnists ever gotI think we should support any freedom loving group. Especially if they are fighting unconstitutional laws.
    Few forums have free speech. It is what ever the moderators say it is since they have the ability to delete posts. I could not find it, but there was something about not recruiting for militias and I can certainly see forum owner's point over that.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Few forums have free speech. It is what ever the moderators say it is since they have the ability to delete posts. I could not find it, but there was something about not recruiting for militias and I can certainly see forum owner's point of view over that.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your current Sherrif put it forward and it was voted in unanimously by the county commissioners.
    Well, there's one I never expected. I hear he will not run for office again so wonder if one influenced the other.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    lol people are extremely hesitant to let anyone know what they have hidden away,.......

BUT, they'll "Go to the County" and get a card for the "Pro-County" Militia. Am I the only one sitting here wondering if that's a good idea?

Just like that,..... we trust our County Government....

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      3 KB · Views: 176

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    lol people are extremely hesitant to let anyone know what they have hidden away,.......

BUT, they'll "Go to the County" and get a card for the "Pro-County" Militia. Am I the only one sitting here wondering if that's a good idea?

I was thinking the same thing, I'm certainly not signing up for something that lets the county I live in know I'm ready to fight them. Sounds like a list to know who to take the guns away from first!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

two things that do not usually bode well in tandem for citizens of any country;

lists and government

I even suspect a demoncrat mole is in the NRA, and has stolen the member list

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see some paranoia above, but as they say even paranoids have enemies. I do not believe the idea behind the militia list was to make a list of people to crackdown on. But the list is there for potential use.
    Nothing is truly private from those with means and might on their side.

Top Bottom