• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Dicks is gonna be limp very shortly. They better hope the Democratic party comes out of the wood work to buy from them now that it will be a gun free zone......

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Are they also going to stop selling everything remotely associated with firearms also ?? How about pellet guns ?? Archery equipment ?? General hunting equipment ??
    To make the liberal tree/bunny huggers feel "safe" in their store you surely could not allow them to have to endure the pain of walking by a duck call or a dove decoy,could you. And that dredded Hoppe's ??
    All things camo would have to go also. If you don't hunt bunny's,why would you need to be able to get close to them . . . well . . . unless it is to quickly grab 'em up for a gentle hug and kiss. --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only reason I would ever go into Dick's was for their hunting and gun section, guess there's no reason to go now. You can get general sporting goods equipment in a lot of stores, not too many places for hunting and gun stuff. Glad Bass Pro has stayed the course during this time. Wish I had money to open a good sporting goods store in FWB that sold hunting stuff and guns, place needs one, just don't have the money to get it started.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Major purveyors of hunting equipment included in the old days most of the chain and department stores like sears, wards, and most hardware stores. I notice these days in the pensacola area that in the past could only support a few major gun stores Mikes, Pennys (gone), gateswoods (gone), and a lot of pawn shops now seems to have a lot new gun stores opening up. When or if walmarts stops selling guns and ammo that will allow a market for more gunstores.
    Most ammo for me is purchased over the internet.

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The wife and I walked in the one in Pensacola just after it opened up. Walked out empty handed and won’t be back. The quicker they close-fail the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe that Dick's also owns the Field and Stream stores. There's on in Mobile that I went into. I wonder what is going to happen to them since they were pretty much hunting and fishing oriented.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ehh, I don't exercise.

I exercise....

exercise my right to find another store & never cast a shadow on dick's door again.

don't know what it is about that name...anyone I have ever known, named Richard, if they went by Dick, that is what they were...dicks.

rick, rickie, ricky, rich , all ok, but dick attitude seems to go with the word.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Last earnings report they lost steam and were punished for it. I will not shop there. One was to be built in Destin, it was cancelled

The Journal notes that Dick’s sales have been in decline “despite a strong U.S. economy and consumer spending.” Dick’s CEO Ed Stack admits that the decline is due to the chain’s stance on guns. That stance, which includes a refusal to sell wildly popular semiautomatic rifles and 30-round magazines, has brought about a reality in which “some gun enthusiasts have stopped shopping at the chain.”

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Whatever they do keep on the shelves won't sell. They might as well just close now. And if field and stream continues to sell firearms or hunting goods they need to be called out on it.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Top Bottom