• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Notice anything different about this Mini ??
    This is the one that I want. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• CRS7_Domenjod_2016.jpg
      CRS7_Domenjod_2016.jpg
      104.2 KB · Views: 149

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is I guess made in france and could be full auto. I had to save the picture and blow it up. It ia slotted in the buttstock sort of like an M1 carbine and the rear of the receiver is different.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, maybe the one in my OP is not a Mini14 after all but the associated article stated it was. ---SAWMAN

It is a mini-14, with french manufacture and modifications. I call it a french mini-14. The AMD
    The french gun was a modification of the AC-556 mini-14
    The AC-556 is a selective-fire version of the Mini-14 marketed for military and law enforcement use. The design incorporates a selector on the right/rear of the receiver to select either semi-automatic, 3-round burst, or full-automatic fire modes; the manual safety at the front of the trigger guard operates the same as a standard Mini-14. The front sight is winged and incorporates a bayonet lug. The 13-inch (330 mm) or 18-inch (460 mm) barrel incorporates a flash suppressor, which can be used to launch approved tear-gas and smoke grenades. A folding stock was used on the AC-556F and AC-556K. The rifle came equipped with 20-round magazines and a 30-round version was available for a time. The AC-556 was dropped from production in 1999 and Ruger stopped offering service for the rifle in 2009.[24][25]
    In France, the AC-556 is known as the Mousqueton A.M.D. where it was used by several governmental agencies within the French Interior Ministry: the Police Aux Frontières ("P.A.F."—Border Police), the Police Nationale Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité (or "C.R.S."—Riot Control Brigade) and the Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale ("GIGN") special operations unit.[26][27] The A.M.D. come in two versions, the first has the standard Ruger aperture rear sight. On the other, the aperture rear sight has been completely removed and replaced with a tangent rear sight located on top of the barrel just forward of the receiver.

Top Bottom