• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    plink44.com

Well, that's disappointing. They made a rimfire gun the size of the freaking G-19 with a TEN-round mag?

The TX-22 packs 16 rounds.
    The unobtanium Keltec has a 33-round mag.
    Fail.

Also, why is polygonal rifling factory-approved in a 22LR which will see lead bullets, but the polygonal rifling of centerfire barrels is not recommended for lead bullets?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I presume the intent is trainer platform/plinker. Glock needs to follow up with a G44"L". The mag capacity is VERY disappointing. Probably put reliability first ans screw capacity. There are several higher cap mag designs and Glock could come up with their own if they wanted to, its just a "rim" feed issue. Each cartridge rim stacked forward of the previous cartridge rim moves the placement .047 (SAAMI Max) forward. IOW: 20 rounds would move the front of the stack .94 inch and also impacts mag angle (internal /external). Some enterprising company will pop out aftermarket "extended" mags.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not for me. Will never own one.
    The Ruger 5.5" heavy bbl 22 (used to be called the Ruger 512) is all that is needed for a trainer. As a carry .22 . . . yawn !! As a .22 pinker . . . double yawn !! --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an Advantage Arm kit for my 19 so I won't be getting one of these, but I don't see an issue with another plinker/trainer/suppressor host/ kit gun on the market.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have an M&P 22 compact (completely different animalthan the M&P 22 made by Umarex). It has been VERY reliable even with cheap bulk ammo that would choke in my 10-22! It is about the same size as the Shield and is a great trainer. I used mine as a trainer for new shooters in my CCW classes I teach. Mine has well over 5,000 rds though it with many different shooters of all ages and sizes. I'm a Glock guy and armorer... but they will have a steep hill to climb with the tired and proven M&P 22 Compact!

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone have any info on the Glock 44? When will it be available? Size comparison? Anything?

Here's a video that's quite informative about the design process and it's goals. If you're really anxious to get your hands on one, you can pre-order. They will be available in Europe, with or without a threaded barrel. The only choice available here will be to order a threaded barrel in addition to the un-threaded version that comes with the firearm. The best price I've seen on the pre-orders was $359.00

Video at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4tdgMbh78

Last edited:
    Top Bottom