• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Arguing vetted non-criminal foreign nationals with established residency in a state have no natural rights sort of pulls the rug out from underneath the founder's intent and erodes our own in my opinion. They were not giving rights they were acknowledging man's God given and/or natural rights. One of those being the right to self-defense.

So in this new country those natural rights were going to be acknowledged and not be infringed upon. A foreign national has the exact same natural rights as any of us regardless if their country of home origin acknowledges them or not.

In arguing against it we are essentially saying we don't have natural rights and government grants those rights versus acknowledges them and pledges not to infringe upon them. A very slippery slope if you ask me.

It strikes me as a rather liberal argument to be focusing on where, why, and how he got the gun. Don't we always say evil will find a way regardless of laws on the books?

I'm more angered that a Naval Academy graduate who was a small arms instructor and captain of the rifle team was not deemed responsible or trustworthy enough to carry a sidearm as the officer on deck that day. It's insane. He was on track to be put into the cockpit of a 50 million dollar cannon with wings one day yet stupid policy prevented him from having a sidearm.

He obviously had the courage to fight and it's infuriating to me that he and others were not allowed to have a fighting chance when evil unfortunately came their way.

the right to live free and defend one's self and family are God given for sure.

I want to know, if this bag of crap did the usual allah ackbar before he fired?

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    what a rabbit hole....

apparently we have foreign military service members here for training, living on a military base ;who (via a loophole) can purchase a hunting license, and then travel off base, purchase a weapon and then break the law by bringing it on base. Somehow the purchase event is not communicated back to the individual's commander and relevant base commander........??? wtf???

Seems at a minimum that any foreign service member wishing to purchase a gun for hunting would need to request permission from his superior who would ask permission from the base folks with determinations made for how to handle securing the weapon each and every time he/she goes hunting.....

Just how many unsecured weapons (brought on base illegally) by foreigners living on base (not just nas but all bases/branches) are there????

The worrisome parts of this fiasco :

Perhaps this was just a one off .. where we have a foreign national who after finding out he/she is getting bounced out of their program decides to go jihadii on folks...

Perhaps like 9-11 this is part or perhaps the culmination of an isiss/taliban/al queerida op.
    this potentially might even be an attempt to create a bona-fide for whoever is wishing to be the next head of these assholes...
    This might also be part of a much larger plot...i.e. this person and some of his mates traveled to nyc ... while i have no knowledge of how they got there...perhaps they were scouting ways to bring said weapon into nyc .. for some subsequent event..certainly they could drive...

rich

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No additional laws/rules will detect or stop evil in someone's heart. It seems attractive to "close loopholes", but those "loopholes" may be the only recourse for legitimate personnel. No need to make things complicated.

Let the responsible active-duty members carry openly in uniform on-base. Or concealed with a state permit in civvies. Or concealed (with extra military training) in uniform. If carrying in uniform, the weapon must be military issued (way too many reasons for that one). That would cover the options for a secondary check and leadership involvement.

These cowards would think twice next time, and if they decided to proceed anyway, the body count would be lower due to the quicker armed response.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They just named the Gun Shop that sold him the gun. The guy bought the gun leagaly, so I don't think it is fair to bring the Gun Shop into it. I feel they may get some hate even though they did nothing wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well he could have bought off a forum or an individual at a gun show too...still illegal to take on base and kill people so there is that. Gun shop should not be ID'd they just followed the law.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    From a good source. . . . shit coming down re. the DOD police as far as training,tactics,and equipment. (Not saying that is their direct fault.)
    STAND BY !! --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what a rabbit hole....

apparently we have foreign military service members here for training, living on a military base ;who (via a loophole) can purchase a hunting license, and then travel off base, purchase a weapon and then break the law by bringing it on base. Somehow the purchase event is not communicated back to the individual's commander and relevant base commander........??? wtf???

Seems at a minimum that any foreign service member wishing to purchase a gun for hunting would need to request permission from his superior who would ask permission from the base folks with determinations made for how to handle securing the weapon each and every time he/she goes hunting.....

Just how many unsecured weapons (brought on base illegally) by foreigners living on base (not just nas but all bases/branches) are there????

The worrisome parts of this fiasco :

Perhaps this was just a one off .. where we have a foreign national who after finding out he/she is getting bounced out of their program decides to go jihadii on folks...

Perhaps like 9-11 this is part or perhaps the culmination of an isiss/taliban/al queerida op.
    this potentially might even be an attempt to create a bona-fide for whoever is wishing to be the next head of these assholes...
    This might also be part of a much larger plot...i.e. this person and some of his mates traveled to nyc ... while i have no knowledge of how they got there...perhaps they were scouting ways to bring said weapon into nyc .. for some subsequent event..certainly they could drive...

rich

Why would a legal gun purchase be communicated back to anyone? How would he know who their commander is? You do realize they are in a foreign military and their commander is in their host country. It's also not a loophole. A loophole is something you do to legally circumvent the law. The law in this is quite clear, possess a hunting license and you can buy a gun as a foreign national. It doesn't only apply to Muslims it applies to Brits, Canadians, the list goes on.

This is a sticky one for both sides of the political fence. In order to change the law the left must admit that rights don't apply to foreigners and the right must ask for gun control. Personally I'd rather not ask for gun control because if he hadn't bought the gun where he did it wouldn't have been hard to buy it on the street. It sounds callous, but this is the cost of freedom and liberty.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    So much for not outing the gunshop.
    Chnl 3 news reporting live in front of Uber's Gunshop. The doofus reporter tried to get in and they locked the door.
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA !!! --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ubers I heard

I just read the same. I very seldom get over that way. Too bad. Anytime you sell a gun, it is possible that it could be misused in just the same way a car could be in an accident or crime. Years ago I purchased a 3 inch barrel J-frame like .38 and the clerk said had sold the same gun to a lady that committed suicide with it. It bothered him. Seems she was depressed after her fiancee died from cancer and shot herself in the head. During the sale she had ask if it was put to someone's head would it kill them.
    I use mine for shooting snakes with shot loads.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So much for not outing the gunshop.
    Chnl 3 news reporting live in front of Uber's Gunshop. The doofus reporter tried to get in and they locked the door.
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA !!! --- SAWMAN

Yep, Channel 10 had some beta male doing the same thing.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The news at it's best, poor Ubers is going to have a tough time for a minute. Undoubtedly this story will become overshadowed by some other "trending" and more gun control conducive event.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This was picked up nationally . . . along with a shot of the storefront with the sign with the telephone number.
    The news outlet also stated that the raghead had the gun since July and it was a . . "9mm Glock".
    I look for protests,violence,etc,etc,at Uber's in the near future.
    Super sad if they did nothing wrong. ---SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The news at it's best, poor Ubers is going to have a tough time for a minute. Undoubtedly this story will become overshadowed by some other "trending" and more gun control conducive event.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yep, like the jersey cy,nj shooting today, 6 dead one a cop

but that was prob gangbangers, they won't cover it long

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The FBI sent out a Warning on potential terrorist use of the hunting lic clause to get firearms:
    "The FBI warning, dated May 22 and titled “Federal Hunting License Exception Could Be Exploited by Extremists or Criminal Actors Seeking to Obtain Firearms for Violent Attacks,” was sent from the bureau’s Office of Private Sector."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...le-fla-shooter-used-to-obtain-a-gun/23878246/

First problem is who the hell is on the distribution from the "Office of Private Sector" (whomever they are)? Did they address it with BATFE? Did BATFE send something to FFLs with any meat in it or the routine "be on the lookout for suspicious activity". Puts the liability on the gun shop if the buyer passes 4473/NICS. Recall the gunshop/Range that "denied" muslims or Islamists and was sued.

The Shop in question followed the Law per the statement from the FBI that the firearm was legally purchased: that covers both ends of the transaction.

Fricking wannabe famous reporters sensationalizing the gun purchase angle, exploiting mainstream desire for anything that can be twisted into anti-gun/gun control BUZZ.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I bet the whole warning by the FBI is a lie. Either the FBI created it after the fact (prior the NAS shooting) to cover for the general shit job they have been doing since before 9/11 or the a fake news move to force more gun control. Changing the law would cause tremendous more problems for Americans to use exercise their rights than lives it would save. Lots of other things could be done to effectively stop future terrorist acts.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Like usual: blame the gun, or the gun store, or the gun law, or some manifesto hurt-feelings.

God forbid these libtards actually lay blame where it belongs: on the murderous coward who shot unarmed innocents.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think I read a page or so ago that the guy bought the gun legally... a "hunting license" loophole to buy a non hunting handgun... I do hope that loophole is closed... IMO, anytime a foreign national buys a gun it should "red flag" the purchase for oversight...I feel that unconditional constitutional provisions are provided to US citizens...I dont feel unconditional applies to non US citizens and they are allowable but with oversight... many of my friends are internationals and I've invited them hunting and if they bought a weapon of any kind it should be reviewed. A handgun purchase to a foreign military person should be 2 red flags..... but it was said that he could have bought it off the forum or a gun show as well.... How? Are the saudis getting Fl drivers licenses and representing themselves as Fl residents? anything other than that wouldn't be legal as I remember for a non FFL purchase... Shooters fault, not the gun but lets not make it easier than it has to be to get a gun as a foreign national & citizen of another country..

Top Bottom