• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then you would prevent millions of permanent residents like me, who've been in this country 25 yrs from being able to protect ourselves, our families and anyone else from the wolves, try not to knee jerk like a Democrat would, just because you're not a Citizen, doesn't make you ant less of Patriot.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I do not agree.

It seems that the poster is equating feelings with action. It is like living with a person for 25 years and not marrying them. That person gains many of the benefits without making a firm decision and taking action.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Previous entry and your flow chart cover it. Provided the correct status and documentation, non citizens may buy a firearm. FDLE firearms purchase program has an option/process for non citizens.

I will be the hypocrite on this one! As one that believes that certain rights are ours from birth and not "given" to us by any government, I don't think we should be allowing foreign nationals the ability to enjoy the right to bear arms in our country such as this foreign national stationed at NASP.

I'm pretty sure I'd be locked away for life or worse for trying to purchase a firearm in SA.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I will be the hypocrite on this one! As one that believes that certain rights are ours from birth and not "given" to us by any government, I don't think we should be allowing foreign nationals the ability to enjoy the right to bear arms in our country such as this foreign national stationed at NASP.

I'm pretty sure I'd be locked away for life or worse for trying to purchase a firearm in SA.

Thankfully we're not in SA.

Should foreign nationals be allowed to assemble? Exercise their own religion? Be subject to random inspections? Etc

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thankfully we're not in SA.

Should foreign nationals be allowed to assemble? Exercise their own religion? Be subject to random inspections? Etc

Fair question.

Maybe we should revisit it. It can be helpful to periodically review past decisions and laws to confirm their wisdom or determine if a mistake was made. Even the Constitution has provisions to be revised.

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Then that alienates a whole other group that become "naturalized citizens" after being born in another country, where do you want draw the line?

I have a daughter that is 26 yrs old, been here since she was 18 months old, born in Scotland, has dual citizenship, should we say she has one foot out the door and her loyalties are with another country... please , rational minds need to prevail here.. I understand nerves are frayed right now, however, let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater because some religious zealot decides he wants to terrorize us

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Then that alienates a whole other group the become "naturalized citizens" after being born in another country, where do you want draw the line?

I have a daughter that is 26 yrs old, been here since she was 18 months old, born in Scotland, has dual citizenship, should we say she has one foot out the door and her loyalties are with another country... please , rational minds need to prevail here.. I understand nerves are frayed right now, however, let's not throw out the bay with the dishwater because some religious zealot decides he wants to terrorize us

Should thousands be punished for the wrongs of an individual? Isn't that what the left wants anytime there's a "mass shooting"? Is everyone else guilty until they can prove they aren't a threat? Should we have red flags for any non citizen that seems suspicious? Maybe we should mark them somehow? Maybe a piece of clothing.

Picking and choosing which rights people get to exercise(prior to them doing something that would otherwise disqualify them) doesn't end up in a good place.

ETA: not commenting about skippy, just adding to his line of thought.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then that alienates a whole other group the become "naturalized citizens" after being born in another country, where do you want draw the line?

I have a daughter that is 26 yrs old, been here since she was 18 months old, born in Scotland, has dual citizenship, should we say she has one foot out the door and her loyalties are with another country... please , rational minds need to prevail here.. I understand nerves are frayed right now, however, let's not throw out the bay with the dishwater because some religious zealot decides he wants to terrorize us

Fair question.

Maybe we should revisit dual citizenship. It can be helpful to periodically review past decisions and laws to confirm their wisdom or determine if a mistake was made. Even the Constitution has provisions to be revised.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back to OP. Saw the Briefing today by the a FBI Agent in Charge of this investigation. She came across as ill informed and overwhelmed, might just be her first time in the big spot light. I hope she is better at her job than she is with press briefings.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fair question.

Maybe we should revisit dual citizenship.

I agree! You either renounce your previous citizenship or you don't become a US citizen! I'm sorry but we are special and you want to be in the club, you have to pledge your allegiance to the United States only!

Now training foreign nationals with our military goes on for all kinds of reasons that are good for our country. But who we continue this with should be looked at and reviewed constantly!

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Back to OP. Saw the Briefing today by the a FBI Agent in Charge of this investigation. She came across as ill informed and overwhelmed, might just be her first time in the big spot light. I hope she is better at her job than she is with press briefings.

No. You are not getting back to the OP. The OP:

"Shooter reported in the vicinity of NATTC. Some injured reported as being transported to Baptist Hospital. Everyone in my office on lockdown at Corry. This sucks."

How does "She came across as ill informed and overwhelmed, might just be her first time in the big spot light. I hope she is better at her job than she is with press briefings." relate in any way to the OP?

Why did you do this?

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then that alienates a whole other group that become "naturalized citizens" after being born in another country, where do you want draw the line?

I have a daughter that is 26 yrs old, been here since she was 18 months old, born in Scotland, has dual citizenship, should we say she has one foot out the door and her loyalties are with another country... please , rational minds need to prevail here.. I understand nerves are frayed right now, however, let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater because some religious zealot decides he wants to terrorize us

I know a teacher from Scotland who maintains dual citizenship. She told me it was so she could have free maternity care under the medical system in Scotland. I have no idea if what she told me is correct.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I agree! You either renounce your previous citizenship or you don't become a US citizen! I'm sorry but we are special and you want to be in the club, you have to pledge your allegiance to the United States only!

Now training foreign nationals with our military goes on for all kinds of reasons that are good for our country. But who we continue this with should be looked at and reviewed constantly!

Yeah, we will keep training and working with the saudis. Because aside from their ingrain hatred of Iran, they’re also working in our interest in Yemen.
    Unless you want Yemen to become the next Afghanistan.
    Or want to commit full scale US ground forces in an extended war on terror in that country.

Idk if you guys got the tweet or not, but the Saudi king is super sorry and promises the Saudi people love America. The fact that was shared should tell you the real liklihood of discontinuation of training.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The concept of "dual"-citizenship is inherently flawed. You can't have EQUAL allegiance to more than one Nation. If you incorrectly believe you do, then ask yourself: if both of the countries were in a war against each other tomorrow, which citizenship would you prefer to revoke?
    The follow-on challenge would be: then why haven't you already?
    The answer to that second question will reveal probably more about the person than they would care to admit in public.

I don't care enough about strangers to ask. Once someone tells me they have "dual-citizenship", then I know that the concept of being a Citizen is either not important to them, or they have personal priorities not in-line with mine.

I honestly believe it must be a civilian mindset. Someone who never served in the military might mistake the term "Citizen" as just a label, right? A tax category or a drop-down menu selection on a government form?

To those of us who did serve, to be a Citizen of a Nation, especially one as special as the United States, is a solemn declaration. In a time of war, that's the side you're on. If you betray your Nation, you are a Traitor. If someone attacks your Nation, they are Your Enemy. The flag of that Nation flies over your bases/headquarters/homes to show that they are still secure, it marks the vehicles of your battlefield salvation, it adorns the uniforms of your brothers and sisters in arms, and one day it will cover your casket. You can only be on ONE side of that battlefield. You can only have ONE top-Priority allegiance when you face the test.

As for the God-given rights delineated in our Constitution, I believe they apply to everyone. However, the US Citizen should never have fewer rights or more restrictions than a visitor, and any visitor who abuses our hospitality should suffer a harsher penalty. It's the principal of the matter: a houseguest should always be on its best behavior. If you will act so terribly in another's home, then you have no limit to your actions.

The criminal coward who shot a bunch of unarmed innocents was a piece of shit. I don't care why he chose those actions, because I know them to be wrong. So did he. We just happen to be discussing his nationality and access to firearms because it's interesting, but it doesn't change the fact of who he was: a coward, and a criminal. No ID card, or visa, or hunting license, or background check would've changed the fact that he was a coward who could choose to be a murderous criminal.

May he rot in Hell.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The concept of "dual"-citizenship is inherently flawed. You can't have EQUAL allegiance to more than one Nation. If you incorrectly believe you do, then ask yourself: if both of the countries were in a war against each other tomorrow, which citizenship would you prefer to revoke?
    The follow-on challenge would be: then why haven't you already?
    The answer to that second question will reveal probably more about the person than they would care to admit in public.

I don't care enough about strangers to ask. Once someone tells me they have "dual-citizenship", then I know that the concept of being a Citizen is either not important to them, or they have personal priorities not in-line with mine.

I honestly believe it must be a civilian mindset. Someone who never served in the military might mistake the term "Citizen" as just a label, right? A tax category or a drop-down menu selection on a government form?

To those of us who did serve, to be a Citizen of a Nation, especially one as special as the United States, is a solemn declaration. In a time of war, that's the side you're on. If you betray your Nation, you are a Traitor. If someone attacks your Nation, they are Your Enemy. The flag of that Nation flies over your bases/headquarters/homes to show that they are still secure, it marks the vehicles of your battlefield salvation, it adorns the uniforms of your brothers and sisters in arms, and one day it will cover your casket. You can only be on ONE side of that battlefield. You can only have ONE top-Priority allegiance when you face the test.

As for the God-given rights delineated in our Constitution, I believe they apply to everyone. However, the US Citizen should never have fewer rights or more restrictions than a visitor, and any visitor who abuses our hospitality should suffer a harsher penalty. It's the principal of the matter: a houseguest should always be on its best behavior. If you will act so terribly in another's home, then you have no limit to your actions.

The criminal coward who shot a bunch of unarmed innocents was a piece of shit. I don't care why he chose those actions, because I know them to be wrong. So did he. We just happen to be discussing his nationality and access to firearms because it's interesting, but it doesn't change the fact of who he was: a coward, and a criminal. No ID card, or visa, or hunting license, or background check would've changed the fact that he was a coward who could choose to be a murderous criminal.

May he rot in Hell.

Those in favor of Dual Citizenship, what are your thoughts in favor of the practice?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    To keep this one from derailing too hard, remember the OP is about the shooting at NAS... Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No. You are not getting back to the OP. The OP:

"Shooter reported in the vicinity of NATTC. Some injured reported as being transported to Baptist Hospital. Everyone in my office on lockdown at Corry. This sucks."

How does "She came across as ill informed and overwhelmed, might just be her first time in the big spot light. I hope she is better at her job than she is with press briefings." relate in any way to the OP?

Why did you do this?

Why? The OP is about the shooting, the FBI Brief is about the shooting and that's getting back on topic instead of running dual citizenship into a derail of this topic and before a Mod needed to step in. Some can't take a hint and the Mod had to address it. Its my opinion on Special Agent Rojas, she did not exude confidence, YMMV. link is to the BRIEFING.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZeoZm2ECI

Top Bottom