• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who should not have been able to purchase a weapon legally.. unless I am drastically mistaken

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I believe someone on a student visa can legally purchase weapons but that some sort proof has to submitted that it is for hunting or competition.

May a nonimmigrant alien who has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa possess a firearm or ammunition in the United States?

An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32] https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may...dmitted-united-states-under-nonimmigrant-visa

Last edited:

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe some on a student visa can legally purchase weapons but that some sort proof has to submitted that it is for hunting or competition.
    Hmm yeah if that's the case they should shut that crap down.. you want to own a gun.. become a citizen

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmm yeah if that's the case they should shut that crap down.. you want to own a gun.. become a citizen

I doubt that the gun was legally obtained. That will likely all comeout soon.

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Following for info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    No, me being a smartazz. Wishing someone would have jumped him and beat him to death as soon as they saw the rifle. In a no gun zone. I feel badly for making the comment. This is a serious thing and I should not have done it.

Fair enough, and hindsight is always 20/20: as I have confirmed many times in my life!

In my old office on Corry I had a old wood safety cane and an old broom handle stashed in my office. Salvaged them with permission from buildings undergoing renovation. There are at least 3 martial arts that include instruction with canes, and more for staffs.

Took the cane with me when I retired, but left the improvised staff for my office mate!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is extremely sad. My condolences to the family of the dead and wounded.
    I went down to the hospital earlier in the day,in partial uniform,with a ECSO deputy,to pay my respect for the retired military community. There were a ton of people there,including some prominent figures in LE and government.
    I understand that we all make our decisions about self (and family) preservation. While some here start with how you can't carry your permitted firearm in the US Post Office,and even in the parking lot,on a military facility,in stores with some kind of stupid sign,I am older and have seen too damn much in my life to die in some broom closet,hiding under a desk,or begging for my life and the life of my family. Ain't gonna fuckin' happen.
    I carry where I want to carry,which is everywhere there isn't a body scanner at the door. The places that I am not supposed to carry I carry a Glock42 in a pocket holster. If I am caught I will suffer the consequences without whineing about it. To me . . . it will be well worth it. I WILL NOT die on my knees. YMMV.
    Good luck to us all. Stay Safe out there. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    K T A A L G S T O

kill them all and let God sort them out..

damn muslems, we should have wiped them out in the middle ages:bang:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m pretty sure you have to be a legal permanent resident

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
    Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Legal, but non-resident aliens can purchase firearms under some conditions and here for the second time I am posting evidence for that.
    From the ATF website relative to hunting
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/val...irearms-prohibitions-nonimmigrant-aliens-only
    Is a valid hunting license or permit as an exception to the firearms prohibitions on nonimmigrant aliens only valid in the State in which it was issued?

No. A valid, unexpired hunting license or permit from any State within the United States satisfies the hunting license exception to the nonimmigrant alien prohibition. The hunting license or permit does not have to be from the State where the nonimmigrant alien is purchasing the firearm.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Direct from the ATF website

Q1. Who is a nonimmigrant alien?
    A1. Generally, “nonimmigrant aliens” are tourists, students, business travelers, and temporaryworkers who enter the U.S. for fixed periods of time; they are lawfully admitted aliens who arenot lawful permanent residents. In order to meet the definition of a nonimmigrant alien, theindividual MUST hold a nonimmigrant visa. The definition does NOT include permanentresident aliens, aliens legally admitted to the U.S. with a visa other than a nonimmigrant visa, oraliens legally admitted to the U.S. without a visa.

Q3. May a nonimmigrant alien who has been admitted to the United States under a
    nonimmigrant alien visa purchase or possess a firearm in the U.S.?
    A3. An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is not prohibited from
    purchasing, receiving, or possessing a firearm if the alien falls within one of the following
    exceptions: (1) is in possession of a hunting license or permit lawfully issued by the Federal
    Government, a State, or local government, or an Indian tribe federally recognized by the Bureau
    of Indian Affairs, which is valid and unexpired; (2) was admitted to the United States for lawful
    hunting or sporting purposes; (3) has received a waiver from the prohibition from the Attorney
    General of the United States; (4) is an official representative of a foreign government who is
    accredited to the United States Government or the Government’s mission to an international
    organization having its headquarters in the United States; (5) is en route to or from another
    country to which that alien is accredited; (6) is an official of a foreign government or a
    distinguished foreign visitor who has been so designated by the Department of State; or (7) is a
    foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on
    official law enforcement business.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't know how true this is but this was posted as the shooter...

And the jerk has access to BX, Commissary, MWR. WTF What the hell is wrong with our Govt letting these A Holes access to this stuff. Kick them all out now.

zmlk5tn.jpg

Last edited:

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There are also provisions for their family members to receive medical care. Yes he was a student of mine for some simulator events.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Fox news is reporting that 6 or so other Saudi students/trainees were filming the event, involved on some level and arrested. First I've heard of this...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    wow..

the 2018 fiscal year, the U.S. trained 1,753 Saudi military members at an estimated cost of $120,903,786, according to DoD records. For fiscal year 2019, the State Department planned to train roughly 3,150 Saudis in the U.S.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wow..

the 2018 fiscal year, the U.S. trained 1,753 Saudi military members at an estimated cost of $120,903,786, according to DoD records. For fiscal year 2019, the State Department planned to train roughly 3,150 Saudis in the U.S.

That's has been going on my entire 34 years being associated with the military and will probably be happening in another 34 years.

Top Bottom