• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See link:
    https://www.wjbf.com/news/georgia-news/usda-gives-1-5-million-to-fight-wild-hogs-in-georgia/
    ATLANTA (AP) — The U.S. Department of Agriculture is putting up nearly $1.5 million to help control Georgia’s wild hog population.

The recently announced funding is part of a program called the “Feral Swine Eradication and Control Pilot Program,” according to Georgia Public Broadcasting.

AP_070325054941.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would work if they put a $50 bounty on every pig killed, otherwise a waste of taxpayer $$

I do not know the history of what is going on in Georgia. But the USDA will respond to political pressure and maybe some people have been writing their congressmen over the feral pig issues. One of my brothers did own a house in an exclusive gated community outside of Savanna Georgia near the intracoastal canal near a lot of wet lands and state forest area. They had problems with pigs that local hunters were trapping. Trapping seems to be a preferred method of control when there are a lot of pigs.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering if Georgia had/has a extremely limited hunting season for hogs,with no baiting provisions in their state managed land (WMA ?) also ?? (like Florida)
    If so,they are 'bout as "smart" as Florida.
    In Georgia,with proper permits,in the past and now, can you hunt at night using NV and/or thermal ?? ---SAWMAN
    ADDED: Also wondering if in the top three states in feral hog population ( Ca,Tx,Fl) have any provisions in place so that it is easy for hog hunters and trappers to donate the meat to homeless shelters,food banks,etc,etc. ???

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunting,trapping if a left ear was $50 = problem solved.

I guess there would be a lot of hogs missing their left ears running around. I would want a left front hoof or maybe a snout. In the past trappers for other animals have been known to turn in the required tail and release the rodent in question to breed more rodents with tails to be turned in for future bounties.

Top Bottom