Patriot Mobile

DZIDPA Starting Back 1st Saturday in January!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Hello shooters,

After a lot of feedback and talking with the range owner, DZIDPA is changing its format and shooting day of the month.
    We will resume our matches starting in January where they will be held the 1st Saturday of the month. Well will be providing 4 full stages with a bonus stage for a total of 5 stages, which we will set up the day of the match. Show up time will be 8:00am when setup will begin and as soon as the stages are set up we will begin the match. We believe this will provide a better day for a lot of shooters and will allow us to still hold a top quality match without the need for a full day of setup and the need for a certain number of shooters. Thank you for everyones patience and support as we revamped the way we hold matches. Hope to see everyone in January!

January Match: January 4th, Show up time; 8:00am, hammer down after setup

Last edited:

kdsdiver

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about this.... To help promote the Matches and IDPA / Down Zero ect… What if we put into effect a discount for a person who brings a new shooter or should I say shooters (X3) for every three you get some sort of discount on your next match..... Just a thought..... See you soon! Keith

Bill Howlett

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good promotion would also be having the upcoming match posted on Practiscore whether registration is opened up yet or not. Here we are less than 2 weeks from the event and the club page says no upcoming matches on Practiscore.

Bill

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I agree with Bill. 2 or more weeks out from the match allows folks to plan their lives.

Like in sailing, if there is no Notice of Race (NOR) online, the race does not exist. We post our water activities 4-6 months out.

Bill Howlett

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just as a point of reference, I learned about Down Zero IDPA by doing a search for matches on Practiscore and shot in the July match. I didn't know the club existed before this. I'm sure I'm not the only one using this method to find available matches when looking for places to shoot. I'll make adjustments to my work schedule for clubs that seem committed to having a match on a certain day. I think consistent matches every month (even if smaller matches with fewer stages until participation increases), with postings on Practiscore that allow people to register, and postings on forums such as this as well as flyers at gunshops, are the best way to increase the people that participate consistently as well as bring in new people. The matches can grow once the participation is consistent, but until the matches are consistently held I don't think there will be growth in participation.

I understand how the directors are reluctant to commit all the effort they do if there is little participation, but it goes both ways. People are reluctant to commit a day to a match if they are unsure its even going to happen.

Top Bottom