• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A day early I know, but some of yall will be traveling, have a house full of family/guests etc, and busy as heck.

Mary and I want to wish everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving, surrounded by family and friends, oh and lots of goodies of course.

The last year has been a rough one for us as we are still recovering from Hurricane Michael. Last year Mary did a community Thanksgiving, inviting neighbors affected by the storm. She put her/our needs etc before those of our neighbors. Well this year she has decided to do the same thing, so she is cooking for the neighborhood again. She is a saint in my eyes. She has always and will always do for others before herself.

Please as you look apon the ones you love and cherish, please take a minute to reflect upon our military members and their families as for some there is an empty seat at their table. Empty due to duty and deployments or empty because their love one paid the ultimate sacrifice. There is nothing more powerful and humbling than seeing a person spending a holiday at a gravesite, to remind me the freedom I give thanks for wasn't and isn't free.

I know I always put a reminder about of military during my holiday wishes, but without their sacrifices over the centuries, we wouldn't be giving thanks or having holidays.

Thanksgiving 2001 I spent my holiday surrounded by my military family deployed to Oman, Thanksgiving 2002 I spent surrounded by my family in a hospital having just survived a massive heart attack. EVERY Thanksgiving since has been a blessing.

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would be remissed if I didn't also give my gratitude for our first responders. They are there, everyday on the frontlines of the homefront. They always have our back no matter how bad some of the public treats them.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Happy Thanksgiving Sarge! I agree, there's plenty to be thankful for and being blessed by the Lord! Hope you and your family have a great day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My agreement with all the posts above. I can't hardly wait to see what RackinRay has prepared for today.

.............................Happy Thanksgiving to all............................

Latest posts

Top Bottom