• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've also noticed that most of the used stuff is in the 200 rounds fired range or less. In Redneck world, that's new. Gotta find another PSA pistol lower with the sba3 stock! If you like pistol style the adjustable stock and pad are awesome. Way better than the stabby blade types. Blade types are fine for 223 but when shooting 300 bo or x39 you notice the stab.

Last edited:

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No doubt most people here are truthful, but sometimes when I see 200 rounds fired it sounds just like “I had 2 beers, Officer.” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No doubt most people here are truthful, but sometimes when I see 200 rounds fired it sounds just like “I had 2 beers, Officer.” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes...quickly check-able if you open up the action tho ;)
    Always inspect deeply on a used gun.
    I usually bring some snap caps to check the basics.

Lots of folks buy a gun, fire a box of ammo thru it to set the sights, clean it, then use it sparingly over the next decade...then they get cash-strapped and the least used gun goes first ;)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my experience, the more a person collects/owns; the less they shoot each of them. This is where Safe Queens come from. Lol. Accurate(+-) round counts are nice info and foster an impression of usage. I've never seen a reference to number of rounds fired as a condition criteria in any well known Grading Standard other than New/Unfired. Don't we all do the eye roll after reading "As new in box, only XX rounds fired for test and sight in". Lol

Buyer Beware is more of a buyer/seller caution. "We" are responsible for knowing inspection/grading criteria = value. Also a wise person will be well informed on counterfeit accessories.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sometimes...quickly check-able if you open up the action tho ;)
    Always inspect deeply on a used gun.
    I usually bring some snap caps to check the basics.

Lots of folks buy a gun, fire a box of ammo thru it to set the sights, clean it, then use it sparingly over the next decade...then they get cash-strapped and the least used gun goes first ;)

It amazes me sometimes when someone is selling a rifle/pistol/shotgun how little they know about them, or clean them for that matter. You'ed think they would clean em up nice a shiny, nope. First thing for an AR is crack it open, look at the charging handle, I look at is the locking lugs, lug pocket and the end of the barrel/break.(looking for green crud, Jacket dust that has turned) If no major issues, I buy it.

** Still cheaper to buy slightly used than "new" some I see are 50% of retail. There's a cherry windham on here right now for 375. If I hadn't just bought the DB15CCB just the other day, I'd get that one. Saw a 18 inch .223 wylde barrel "new" for $40.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It amazes me sometimes when someone is selling a rifle/pistol/shotgun how little they know about them, or clean them for that matter. You'ed think they would clean em up nice a shiny, nope. First thing for an AR is crack it open, look at the charging handle, I look at is the locking lugs, lug pocket and the end of the barrel/break.(looking for green crud, Jacket dust that has turned) If no major issues, I buy it.

** Still cheaper to buy slightly used than "new" some I see are 50% of retail. There's a cherry windham on here right now for 375. If I hadn't just bought the DB15CCB just the other day, I'd get that one. Saw a 18 inch .223 wylde barrel "new" for $40.

Heck, I like 'em Dirty...get 'em cheaper at the pawn shops when they are uncleaned!!
    Altho one local pawn shop guy has started cleaning his guns for sale when he has time...he likes to get the max for each item he has to put out for sale!

Top Bottom