• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    check it out:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/10782...or-sale--smith---wesson-66-2-75--brl-357-mag-

Sent an email with some questions. He returned with extra pics and told me to send him the FFL that I wanted to use? WTF, FFL that I wanted to use? Said that I was a FL resident and legally able to purchase a firearm. What's with the FFL? Oh, despite the listing as being from P'Cola he is temporarily in Tampa and he had the revolver down there. He thought that I would like it ASAP. One other thing. He sent additional pics in his response, however, the additional pics did not match the ad pics. Asked him which were the correct pics? Seems he sent me the wrong pics and that was for another revolver that he already sold. Honest mistake:redface: Finally, I told him that if the gun was still for sale when he returned to P'Cola that he should send me and email and we can get together.

Amazingly, I have now heard back from him. Do you think it was anything I said?:doh:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know the sad thing about these con games , is that some folks fall for these scams . If they didn’t find a sucker every once in a while they wouldn’t keep doing it.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh, now he lives in Tampa, but he'll send me the gun to examine. All I have to do is send him half of the price of the gun for him to send it to me. Then, after I look at the gun and want it I can send him the rest of the money. He's so sure that I will want the gun he's willing to ship it to me for only half of the price of the gun.

I'm going to continue to play the game with more emails. Hell, I'm retired so I can waste a whole bunch of his time. I've got plenty of time. Besides, we old farts like to "jack around" obvious scammers!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I saw that yesterday and figured it was a scam so didn’t ask about it.
    Usually, if they are unregistered, the location looks odd and the gun is underpriced, it’s a scam.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PayPal, Western Union, Postal Money Order(s) or Gift Cards? I always try to get a mailing address then Map "Street View" it. Normally an abandon building.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, I guess that fun is now over.

I've been exchanging emails with the guy since last week. At one point he was going to mail the gun to my FFL. Just to clarify the process I told him the he sends the gun to my FFL, when my FFL gets the gun I send the seller 1/2 the price of the gun. If I like the gun I send him the other 1/2 of the full price. If I don't like the gun I send the gun to his FFL and he sends the 1/2 pre-paid back to me. The last email back from him was that he sold the gun.

I sent him one last email after that. I said the his scam try was over. But I also commented that he had a nice touch in his Sunday email where he apologized for replying late to me "because he was in church most of the day".

On reply's since then. I thought later that I should have told him that I hope that the ATF gets in touch with him because I reported him when he said he would send mail me the gun without valid documentation and assurance that I could legally purchase a firearm in FL. I would have loved to see the look on his face!

Top Bottom