Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    45 ACP
    Over 65, I understand I don't need a state hunting license. Don't smoke, but don't mind if you do. I have been a little confused as what is needed to hunt in Blackwater and Eglin, so I haven't purchased anything there yet.

You're covered for Fl hunting license on private prop and management areas. You will need a Eglin permit tho if you try it there. It's free to seniors, unless you add dog hunting, no need unless you plan on hunting with dogs. No I do not smoke and prefer who I hunt with don't either.
    I'll try and take you maybe in january on some private property. Can't promise, as it's not my property, but I'll ask for you.
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

I believe that you stop needing a Fla hunting license when you turn 70.
    Ask Frank . . . he has not had one for 10 years or so now. (I will not need one in about 5 years or so.) ( jj has not had one since the invention of paper.) ---- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

He's good.

From FWC;
    Pursuant to Florida Statute 379.354, the following individuals are EXEMPT from recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing licenses as well as Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery, crossbow, muzzleloading and management area permit requirements (unless noted, these exemptions do not apply to federal duck stamp requirements):

*Resident seniors age 65 or older with proof of age or residency (such as a valid Florida Driver's License or ID Card) or possessing an optional Resident 65+ Hunt/Fish Certificate (available at no-cost online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or at county tax collectors' offices).
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    I believe that you stop needing a Fla hunting license when you turn 70.
    Ask Frank . . . he has not had one for 10 years or so now. (I will not need one in about 5 years or so.) ( jj has not had one since the invention of paper.) ---- SAWMAN
    Smartass, older than me(dirt)! LOL 65 you stop buying actually at 64 it is 1/2 price. I do believe you still have to get an Eglin permit, I think it is free, because that is Federal land
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

GCGF Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Storm View Post
    Thank you very much Bowhntr6pt.

I have been searching the internet for night thermal hog hunts, which have no hog limits, shoots as much as you can, serious about hog eradication, and not "managed" hog property. I found two interesting companies in Georgia. I have a week in mid January, anyone interested?
    if i dont have to haul 'em or clean 'em, i'd be a taker. used to use a group that'd come and take the pigs to donate to soup kitchens in south fla. pile 'em up, and they'd haul 'em away... something like that and i'm in.