• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metal Storm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I am looking for a hunting partner for hogs, deer or varmints or ? because I don’t want to hunt alone and I am not familiar with the area. My main shooting over the years has been paper targets. My hope is you experienced guys might be looking for someone (understudy, apprentice, mule, go for?). I recently retired and been looking forward to returning to field. I have a rifle (thanks to FrankT), boots and desire, but most of all, I have the wife’s permission to go hunting. I don't want to waste my liberty card. I am willing to work to improve your hunting site, drive or pay for gas and corn and meals/refreshments. I take instructions well, willing to learn and can keep a secret. I am very grateful to FrankT for his time and knowledge in getting me to this point. PM will work the best. Many thanks and happy holidays to my GCGF family.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good luck in your quest to find a friend and hunting partner.

Next to a woman, hunting has ruined many a friendship... I know from first hand experience. As a result of a very disappointing experience a few years ago, I simply won't/don't hunt with people anymore outside of a friendly one-off invite.

There is just one person at the moment I consider a hunting partner but it's night hunting with thermals for coyote.

Happy

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am looking for a hunting partner for hogs, deer or varmints or ? because I don’t want to hunt alone and I am not familiar with the area. My main shooting over the years has been paper targets. My hope is you experienced guys might be looking for someone (understudy, apprentice, mule, go for?). I recently retired and been looking forward to returning to field. I have a rifle (thanks to FrankT), boots and desire, but most of all, I have the wife’s permission to go hunting. I don't want to waste my liberty card. I am willing to work to improve your hunting site, drive or pay for gas and corn and meals/refreshments. I take instructions well, willing to learn and can keep a secret. I am very grateful to FrankT for his time and knowledge in getting me to this point. PM will work the best. Many thanks and happy holidays to my GCGF family.

He is good to go and a terrific guy, you cannot go wrong with an easy going guy willing to learn. I am close to giving up leases and much hunting or I would be willing myself.

Metal Storm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I am still ready and willing. Maybe we do coffee first, then hunt. Not looking for a long term relationship. LOL.

Metal Storm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Don't like coffee, how about sweet tea and BBQ and shooting range first? Bowhntr6pt how true, like the new kid in school or joining a golf four some or Bridge group. Thank you FrankT!! I had expected a few jokes or funny comments. I hope this was not a man card violation, if so, I sincerely apologize. Any suggestions or ideas? Anyone know of any leases for sale or guided hunts and Outfitters? As always, many thanks GCGF. Merry Christmas and keep your power dry.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't like coffee, how about sweet tea and BBQ and shooting range first? Bowhntr6pt how true, like the new kid in school or joining a golf four some or Bridge group. Thank you FrankT!! I had expected a few jokes or funny comments. I hope this was not a man card violation, if so, I sincerely apologize. Any suggestions or ideas? Anyone know of any leases for sale or guided hunts and Outfitters? As always, many thanks GCGF. Merry Christmas and keep your power dry.

If you were down here in central FL perhaps I could get you out for an afternoon smashing some hogs... but unfortunately you're too far away. Because of my job, extra details, and other things that get in the way, my hunting is spur of the moment. I go a lot, but very little planning.

One thing you might do as the season winds down is search the ads in the back of Wood n Waters magazine. Sometimes you will see reasonable hunt lease advertisements, might be a place to start.

Casually and discretely mention your interests and desires to everyone you come in contact with as it's my opinion most of the better drama-free hunt clubs/leases fill openings by word of mouth. A club with regular openings is suspect for problems.

Metal Storm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Thank you very much Bowhntr6pt.

I have been searching the internet for night thermal hog hunts, which have no hog limits, shoots as much as you can, serious about hog eradication, and not "managed" hog property. I found two interesting companies in Georgia. I have a week in mid January, anyone interested?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What hunting license do you currently have? Fl State, Blackwater still hunt, dog hunt, Eglin, All 3 ?

And do you smoke?

Metal Storm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Over 65, I understand I don't need a state hunting license. Don't smoke, but don't mind if you do. I have been a little confused as what is needed to hunt in Blackwater and Eglin, so I haven't purchased anything there yet.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You're covered for Fl hunting license on private prop and management areas. You will need a Eglin permit tho if you try it there. It's free to seniors, unless you add dog hunting, no need unless you plan on hunting with dogs. No I do not smoke and prefer who I hunt with don't either.
    I'll try and take you maybe in january on some private property. Can't promise, as it's not my property, but I'll ask for you.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that you stop needing a Fla hunting license when you turn 70.
    Ask Frank . . . he has not had one for 10 years or so now. (I will not need one in about 5 years or so.) ( jj has not had one since the invention of paper.) ---- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He's good.

From FWC;
    Pursuant to Florida Statute 379.354, the following individuals are EXEMPT from recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing licenses as well as Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery, crossbow, muzzleloading and management area permit requirements (unless noted, these exemptions do not apply to federal duck stamp requirements):

*Resident seniors age 65 or older with proof of age or residency (such as a valid Florida Driver's License or ID Card) or possessing an optional Resident 65+ Hunt/Fish Certificate (available at no-cost online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or at county tax collectors' offices).

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I believe that you stop needing a Fla hunting license when you turn 70.
    Ask Frank . . . he has not had one for 10 years or so now. (I will not need one in about 5 years or so.) ( jj has not had one since the invention of paper.) ---- SAWMAN

Smartass, older than me(dirt)! LOL 65 you stop buying actually at 64 it is 1/2 price. I do believe you still have to get an Eglin permit, I think it is free, because that is Federal land

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Thank you very much Bowhntr6pt.

I have been searching the internet for night thermal hog hunts, which have no hog limits, shoots as much as you can, serious about hog eradication, and not "managed" hog property. I found two interesting companies in Georgia. I have a week in mid January, anyone interested?

if i dont have to haul 'em or clean 'em, i'd be a taker. used to use a group that'd come and take the pigs to donate to soup kitchens in south fla. pile 'em up, and they'd haul 'em away... something like that and i'm in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom