Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    45 ACP

I am looking for a hunting partner

I am looking for a hunting partner for hogs, deer or varmints or ? because I don’t want to hunt alone and I am not familiar with the area. My main shooting over the years has been paper targets. My hope is you experienced guys might be looking for someone (understudy, apprentice, mule, go for?). I recently retired and been looking forward to returning to field. I have a rifle (thanks to FrankT), boots and desire, but most of all, I have the wife’s permission to go hunting. I don't want to waste my liberty card. I am willing to work to improve your hunting site, drive or pay for gas and corn and meals/refreshments. I take instructions well, willing to learn and can keep a secret. I am very grateful to FrankT for his time and knowledge in getting me to this point. PM will work the best. Many thanks and happy holidays to my GCGF family.

2. 6 Like Metal Storm's Post:

45 ACP
    Happy thanksgiving day. Hope You’re on the warm side of your hunting house.

Good luck in your quest to find a friend and hunting partner.

Next to a woman, hunting has ruined many a friendship... I know from first hand experience. As a result of a very disappointing experience a few years ago, I simply won't/don't hunt with people anymore outside of a friendly one-off invite.

There is just one person at the moment I consider a hunting partner but it's night hunting with thermals for coyote.

Happy
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Storm View Post
    I am looking for a hunting partner for hogs, deer or varmints or ? because I don’t want to hunt alone and I am not familiar with the area. My main shooting over the years has been paper targets. My hope is you experienced guys might be looking for someone (understudy, apprentice, mule, go for?). I recently retired and been looking forward to returning to field. I have a rifle (thanks to FrankT), boots and desire, but most of all, I have the wife’s permission to go hunting. I don't want to waste my liberty card. I am willing to work to improve your hunting site, drive or pay for gas and corn and meals/refreshments. I take instructions well, willing to learn and can keep a secret. I am very grateful to FrankT for his time and knowledge in getting me to this point. PM will work the best. Many thanks and happy holidays to my GCGF family.
    He is good to go and a terrific guy, you cannot go wrong with an easy going guy willing to learn. I am close to giving up leases and much hunting or I would be willing myself.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

45 ACP
    I am still ready and willing. Maybe we do coffee first, then hunt. Not looking for a long term relationship. LOL.

45 ACP
    Don't like coffee, how about sweet tea and BBQ and shooting range first? Bowhntr6pt how true, like the new kid in school or joining a golf four some or Bridge group. Thank you FrankT!! I had expected a few jokes or funny comments. I hope this was not a man card violation, if so, I sincerely apologize. Any suggestions or ideas? Anyone know of any leases for sale or guided hunts and Outfitters? As always, many thanks GCGF. Merry Christmas and keep your power dry.
    Last edited by Metal Storm; 12-08-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Storm View Post
    Don't like coffee, how about sweet tea and BBQ and shooting range first? Bowhntr6pt how true, like the new kid in school or joining a golf four some or Bridge group. Thank you FrankT!! I had expected a few jokes or funny comments. I hope this was not a man card violation, if so, I sincerely apologize. Any suggestions or ideas? Anyone know of any leases for sale or guided hunts and Outfitters? As always, many thanks GCGF. Merry Christmas and keep your power dry.
    If you were down here in central FL perhaps I could get you out for an afternoon smashing some hogs... but unfortunately you're too far away. Because of my job, extra details, and other things that get in the way, my hunting is spur of the moment. I go a lot, but very little planning.

One thing you might do as the season winds down is search the ads in the back of Wood n Waters magazine. Sometimes you will see reasonable hunt lease advertisements, might be a place to start.

Casually and discretely mention your interests and desires to everyone you come in contact with as it's my opinion most of the better drama-free hunt clubs/leases fill openings by word of mouth. A club with regular openings is suspect for problems.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training

9. 3 Like Bowhntr6pt's Post:

45 ACP
    Thank you very much Bowhntr6pt.

I have been searching the internet for night thermal hog hunts, which have no hog limits, shoots as much as you can, serious about hog eradication, and not "managed" hog property. I found two interesting companies in Georgia. I have a week in mid January, anyone interested?

Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

What hunting license do you currently have? Fl State, Blackwater still hunt, dog hunt, Eglin, All 3 ?

And do you smoke?
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~