• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone here have any hands on with the new Springfield Hellcat?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I held one at the gun show. Better in my hand than what I expected by looking at the pictures. I have a 365 and don't know if I will purchase a hellcat. I have several Springfield pistols. They fit my hand way better than a Glock.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Is the article legit? I can't keep track of what's real anymore. I question everything.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is the article legit? I can't keep track of what's real anymore. I question everything.

It's TRUE! IFMA was just four (a Lobbyist, a RRA rep and two SA reps) to fight Illinois SB1657 requiring "State Licensing" for ALL Types of Federal FFLs. IFMA opposed the Bill. Funds were paid to politicians/political Orgs and SURPRISE: SA & RRA get Cutouts so the Bill/Law doesn't apply to them. Once the cutout is written in the final draft, IFMA drops its opposition to the Bill.

So the consensus is SA/RRA bought their cutout then supported the Bill being passed and opposing the law on all other FFLs in the State.
    The companies were outed for their/IFMA donations and corrosponding change of support. Companies got a lot of heat and then said they didn't want a cutout and didn't know what IFMA was doing or doing it without their approval BUT remember the COMPANIES had their own Reps in a small four person group working an important lobbying effort: nobody believes Companies weren't well informed and approved IMFA action.

There are a lot of articles on this topic in 2017. Gun companies like all businesses hope the potential customer base has a short memory and the occasional/first time buyer is uninformed.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I will say I've never purchased a Springfield item new, so I haven't supported them, though I do own 5 or 6.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone had a chance to review this in person yet? Despite being SA and the political thing, a micro 9mm the size of my Shield with 11+1 is very intriguing!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    purchased one a couple of week ago, shot about 200 rds through it, runs great. I also have a SA XDs 9mm which I have listed for sale on this forum. I really like both guns, the Hellcat is a little more comfortable fit to my hand but mostly I like the 13 rd capacity.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

After reading the article, it makes me wonder how much was Springfield and how much was due to hiring a scumbag of a lobbyist who seemingly funneled funds to Anti-Gun politicians because he was likely an Anti-Gun plant himself??

Gotta realize Anti-Gun folks will hide what they are to assist in destroying Gun Companies...from working as basic workers and screwing up part fitment to management being shoddy so they can promote other scumbags into management to destroy a company from within.

It's a shame we no longer allow dueling...it would most certainly resolve many of today's issues.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i handled one just for yucks... feels good, but its an HS Produkt mfg for springfield. over the years iv'e seen several serious failures in pistol classes with the XD and XDms. i'd save my money and get the p365.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love their 1911s won't touch their poly pistols. I've seen too many failures through the years in classes.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After reading the article, it makes me wonder how much was Springfield and how much was due to hiring a scumbag of a lobbyist who seemingly funneled funds to Anti-Gun politicians because he was likely an Anti-Gun plant himself??

Gotta realize Anti-Gun folks will hide what they are to assist in destroying Gun Companies...from working as basic workers and screwing up part fitment to management being shoddy so they can promote other scumbags into management to destroy a company from within.

It's a shame we no longer allow dueling...it would most certainly resolve many of today's issues.

This is a tricky issue. It is common for gu makers in antigun states to contribute to the local state antigun politicians that run the state. The contributions are payoffs to stay in business. Sometimes maybe it is best to move to a more gun friendly state. From the cited link
    While it could be argued that these payments gave the gunmakers’ IFMA lobbying group access to their “enemies,” there’s precious little to show for their contributions in terms of defending or extending Illinois residents’ gun rights. Whether or not Springfield and Rock River arms should have even made the attempt is a question both companies will soon face from both the industry and consumers.

Top Bottom