• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

brianjohn

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS .300 Winchester Magnum – Chicago, IL - SOLD

Item
    Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather Stainless Steel .300 Winchester Magnum

Contact Info
    PM

Price
    $800

Item Description
    This is an awesome bolt-action hunting rifle made for adverse weather with a Bell and Carlson stock, aluminum bedding block, matte stainless action, fluted barrel, M.O.A. trigger system, Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad and the Model 70's classic pre-’64 style controlled round feed with claw extractor. Has a 26 in barrel, weighs 7 lbs 4 oz and is 46.75 in long.

I’m the original owner, purchased new earlier this year from Cabela’s for $1,238 including tax. Took it to the range once and shot one box (20 rounds) through it. Is in excellent condition. Will come in the factory box.

Very accurate. Shoots sub MOA at 200 yards. Has a very clean and crisp trigger pull.

The gun is being sold because it’s simply a larger caliber than I need for the areas I’ll be hunting in the foreseeable future. I really like the Extreme Weather model and recently purchased it in .308.

Sale will be conducted via an FFL dealer at a local firearms store, I will cover those fees.

Sold another rifle a while back, the buyer was kind enough to leave a review: https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?45302-Reviews-for-brianjohn

Must be a US citizen, at least 18 years old, and legally allowed to own firearms. No trades please.

Attachments

• IMG_2155-3.jpg
      IMG_2155-3.jpg
      354.5 KB · Views: 283
    Last edited:

IM4MOPAR

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm nibbling, what kind of Hornady rounds are you shooting? I see three boxes in the pic. I'm from the P-cola area but I'm working across the lake from you in New Buffalo, MI.
    Thx, Harvey

Last edited:

brianjohn

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hi Harvey, it's Hornady Superformance SST 180 gr.

I purchased four boxes, shot one at the range and was planning to give the other three to the buyer.

Since listing the gun a month ago however I have given those three boxes to a friend so I no longer have them to give away.

Earlier today when I lowered the price from $900 to $700 I didn’t think to change those two photos showing the ammo (although I did remove from the description that I was planning on giving them away).

New Buffalo is not that far. The gun is with me here in Chicago but this Saturday I'll be heading to Florida for two weeks, so if you were interested in meeting it would have to be either in the next few days or sometime early next year.

I'm nibbling, what kind of Hornady rounds are you shooting? I see three boxes in the pic. I'm from the P-cola area but I'm working across the lake from you in New Buffalo, MI.
    Thx, Harvey

Last edited:

IM4MOPAR

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The hook is almost set! Lol, I will pm you soon, on a train and battery is at 3%

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom