• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the AC with a SiCo Saker 762. problem is i'm not sure about using the 556 end cap.
    after removing the flash hider i found there was no shoulder behind the threads.
    so i'm guessing the concentricity would be hit or miss. i have a 762 cap and may try that.
    thoughts?
    G0t65yW.jpg

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sawman, i just unthreaded the flash hider. i was hoping the factory threads would be suitable for mounting a can. but since there's no shoulder i doubt the factory made any effort to ensure they were concentric with the bore. i know some of the guys over at uzitalk in the AC556 forum are mounting suppressors and getting away with it but i'm not sure i'm willing to take the chance.
    i installed the mount on the barrel and mounted the saker but had second thoughts about actually shooting it. i'd like to be able to use a can but i'd rather not rethread the barrel.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Call OneShot! JJ can probably come up with a solution that does not modify the original weapon and detract from value.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Another "thought" - - -> that weapon obviously was not designed or intended to be used with a suppressor (IMO).
    Wondering what (if any) stoppages or even damage could be done to the gas system and other internal parts by attaching a suppressor ??
    If I were a potential buyer of a weapon of this rarity and distinction,and I noted that the origional,from factory parts,had been removed or altered,even if returned to its origional,it would determine the price that I offered for the weapon.
    But that's just me. AND . . . . it is not my gun. --- SAWMAN

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sawman, i agree. this is not an ideal host and with a suppressor they can be gassy and
    the receiver becomes fouled fairly quickly. but it has a threaded barrel and i have can so i
    thought i'd give it a try. it can be tuned a with an adjustable gas block to deal with the increased back pressure. when i can, i try to shoot suppressed to cut the neighbors a little slack.
    and unless the political landscape changes, i.e. the registry is reopened or MG's are outlawed, etc, i don't think you can loose to much money as long as you don't do anything to prevent the gun being returned to it's original configuration. also, the AC556 while somewhat rare does not get the respect of the AR pattern guns and so sells for only about 1/2 the money. it makes them affordable but they have a lot less support by the aftermarket. fortunately, i also have an M16 RR.
    CESwartz, great idea, i'd forgotten all about those.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nothing special. Just an extremely straight rod.
    Go to a place that sells bar stock (rods). Starting pulling from their ben's of material. Find an extremely flat surface. (Let me know if you need one) Roll it on the surface and see if it has any "bobble" to it.
    Or roll it slowly looking between it and the flat surface with an extremely bright light. (Let me know if you need one) See if you can see light shining out from under the rod.
    THERE . . . DONE !! --- SAWMAN

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that's a really good idea, just like a pool cue.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    EXACTLY !!
    There are several places around P'cola that offers stock rod of this quality.
    Tell them that it is for "a project". Ask if you keep your receipt and return it in the same condition,can you get your money back for the rod.
    Some places have this rod in brass or bronze. You might have to opt for that. Your challenge also will be to find the rod in as close to .224" as possible. --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Question here for you guys. I know nothing about suppressors other than they reduce noise. If you have one of the alignment rods and your suppressor is "off" how do you adjust it for alignment?

Top Bottom