• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    fetal prone.jpg

One must account for the offset of the sight normally set for elevation and also now compensate for drop.

asymmetric-fetal prone.jpg

Attachments

• fetal prone.jpg
      fetal prone.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 402
    • asymmetric-fetal prone.jpg
      asymmetric-fetal prone.jpg
      131.8 KB · Views: 426

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I shot a RPG like that once. It hit the ground about 10yds in front of me ( luckily it did not have time/ distance to arm) it ricocheted up into the air about 50ft ABOVE my intended target,and damn near killed a water buffalo grazing out in a rice paddy at about 100yds from me.
    I'm sure the BG's said . . . "WTF WAS THAT . . NEW WEAPON ?? . . . cuz they hauled ass. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot a RPG like that once. It hit the ground about 10yds in front of me ( luckily it did not have time/ distance to arm) it ricocheted up into the air about 50ft ABOVE my intended target,and damn near killed a water buffalo grazing out in a rice paddy at about 100yds from me.
    I'm sure the BG's said . . . "WTF WAS THAT . . NEW WEAPON ?? . . . cuz they hauled ass. --- SAWMAN
    I assume that the velocity of that shell is very slow and when the launcher is in the vertical position it is sighted to account for the drop. Turn it sideways and if you do not account for the drop, well it hits the ground in front of you and interesting things happen.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Close, it's 300 meters per second max velocity.

We talking of 10 yards: The initial velocity from the launcher increases with distance since it is a rocket
    The rocket motor ignites after 10 metres and sustains flight out to 500 metres at a maximum velocity of 295 metres per second. The grenade is stabilized by two sets of fins that deploy in-flight: one large set on the stabilizer pipe to maintain direction and a smaller front set to induce rotation.
    Maximum firing range: 700 m (OG-7V); (self de...
    Muzzle velocity: 115 m/s (boost); 300 m/s (flight)
    Sights: PGO-7 (2.7×), UP-7V Telescopic sight ...
    Type: Rocket-propelled grenade launcher

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To me the shooting position shown is all about : 1. Cover . . and . . 2. Close to the ground.
    Also . . . seems to me that sitting or kneeling,shooting over a solid object would be MUCH more accurate. --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A lot of unknown variables for that position. I assume he's using his knees as support for a somewhat long shot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My pistols are sighted to hit on the dot, which is above the line of bore, so canting the gun will result in the shot being displaced in the direction the gun is leaning, and down because of gravity. I'd aim mine in the upper left corner.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My pistols are sighted to hit on the dot, which is above the line of bore, so canting the gun will result in the shot being displaced in the direction the gun is leaning, and down because of gravity. I'd aim mine in the upper left corner.

Someone's else's response to this issue
    Assuming a shooter on his right side, the dot is held at the target's right side (shooter's perspective).
    That will be the left upper shoulder of the target.

Top Bottom