• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Question? Y’all who own a shield how spare mag do y’all carry with it. I just picked up one and was thinking about use for a backup pistol or summer E.D.C

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking at hyve technology.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tell us old folks that's in to talking in plan English, what hyve stands for . just my 5 cents jj

I don’t know what it stand for. But it’s the name of a company that make magazine extension for glocks and s&w.

vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The shield is my favorite carry gun. It is comfortable to carry, and I shoot it well. The mag in the gun has a Hyve extension giving me 10 + 1 and I carry a spare 8 round mag. The spare is either carried IWB or sometimes in pocket carry.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The shield is my favorite carry gun. It is comfortable to carry, and I shoot it well. The mag in the gun has a Hyve extension giving me 10 + 1 and I carry a spare 8 round mag. The spare is either carried IWB or sometimes in pocket carry.

I like minds it feels good in my hand. I think that’s what I’m carry this summer.

mac777

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC the M&P Shield 9mm with the 8 round mag in the gun and carry an extra 7 round mag. I pray I never need any of them.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC the M&P Shield 9mm with the 8 round mag in the gun and carry an extra 7 round mag. I pray I never need any of them.
    I pray I never have to use none of them. But this world is on fire with the devil doing his world. But I like the pistol and I think I’m carry it more.

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC a Shield and use a Remora mag holder to carry a backup 8rd mag. Not a fast reload deployment, but it carries well in a pocket and no lint. Also carry spare mags in the truck console.

Last edited:

mac777

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC a Shield and use a Remora mag holder to carry a backup 8rd mag. Not a fast reload deployment, but it carries well in a pocket and no lint. Also carry spare mags in the truck console.

Good idea, keeping spare mags in your truck. I have an extra mag but have always kept it in my range bag. Not any more! Thanks!

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn’t want to stipple the pistol. So I got a bicycle wheel tube cut a piece off and made grip out of it. I think Im carry two spare mags with me all the time.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I rotate between the shield and a couple other options. When I carry it I carry with the 8rd and an 8rd spare. I bought the talon rubberized grips for it and they came with a wrap for two mags included for about $20.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rotate between the shield and a couple other options. When I carry it I carry with the 8rd and an 8rd spare. I bought the talon rubberized grips for it and they came with a wrap for two mags included for about $20.

I just seen them grips the other day. How many round did y’all put thru the pistol before you start carrying it.

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Talon rubber grips also. I put them on 3 years ago and they are a great addition but the strip for the mags are worthless as they came loose after a few months. The Talon granulated grips are too rough for CC if you carry close to bare skin. I have well over 3k rounds through mine now with 0 FTF/FTE. Been my preferred summer EDC since 2014.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Talon rubber grips also. I put them on 3 years ago and they are a great addition but the strip for the mags are worthless as they came loose after a few months. The Talon granulated grips are too rough for CC if you carry close to bare skin. I have well over 3k rounds through mine now with 0 FTF/FTE. Been my preferred summer EDC since 2014.

Ok I got minds use don’t know how many rounds been put thru it. I’m put it thru the test and put it in the E.D.C. Rotation.

Top Bottom