• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Question? Y’all who own a shield how spare mag do y’all carry with it. I just picked up one and was thinking about use for a backup pistol or summer E.D.C

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking at hyve technology.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tell us old folks that's in to talking in plan English, what hyve stands for . just my 5 cents jj

I don’t know what it stand for. But it’s the name of a company that make magazine extension for glocks and s&w.

Hand Cannon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The shield is my favorite carry gun. It is comfortable to carry, and I shoot it well. The mag in the gun has a Hyve extension giving me 10 + 1 and I carry a spare 8 round mag. The spare is either carried IWB or sometimes in pocket carry.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The shield is my favorite carry gun. It is comfortable to carry, and I shoot it well. The mag in the gun has a Hyve extension giving me 10 + 1 and I carry a spare 8 round mag. The spare is either carried IWB or sometimes in pocket carry.

I like minds it feels good in my hand. I think that’s what I’m carry this summer.

mac777

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC the M&P Shield 9mm with the 8 round mag in the gun and carry an extra 7 round mag. I pray I never need any of them.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC the M&P Shield 9mm with the 8 round mag in the gun and carry an extra 7 round mag. I pray I never need any of them.
    I pray I never have to use none of them. But this world is on fire with the devil doing his world. But I like the pistol and I think I’m carry it more.

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC a Shield and use a Remora mag holder to carry a backup 8rd mag. Not a fast reload deployment, but it carries well in a pocket and no lint. Also carry spare mags in the truck console.

Last edited:

mac777

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I EDC a Shield and use a Remora mag holder to carry a backup 8rd mag. Not a fast reload deployment, but it carries well in a pocket and no lint. Also carry spare mags in the truck console.

Good idea, keeping spare mags in your truck. I have an extra mag but have always kept it in my range bag. Not any more! Thanks!

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn’t want to stipple the pistol. So I got a bicycle wheel tube cut a piece off and made grip out of it. I think Im carry two spare mags with me all the time.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I rotate between the shield and a couple other options. When I carry it I carry with the 8rd and an 8rd spare. I bought the talon rubberized grips for it and they came with a wrap for two mags included for about $20.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rotate between the shield and a couple other options. When I carry it I carry with the 8rd and an 8rd spare. I bought the talon rubberized grips for it and they came with a wrap for two mags included for about $20.

I just seen them grips the other day. How many round did y’all put thru the pistol before you start carrying it.

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Talon rubber grips also. I put them on 3 years ago and they are a great addition but the strip for the mags are worthless as they came loose after a few months. The Talon granulated grips are too rough for CC if you carry close to bare skin. I have well over 3k rounds through mine now with 0 FTF/FTE. Been my preferred summer EDC since 2014.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Talon rubber grips also. I put them on 3 years ago and they are a great addition but the strip for the mags are worthless as they came loose after a few months. The Talon granulated grips are too rough for CC if you carry close to bare skin. I have well over 3k rounds through mine now with 0 FTF/FTE. Been my preferred summer EDC since 2014.

Ok I got minds use don’t know how many rounds been put thru it. I’m put it thru the test and put it in the E.D.C. Rotation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Top Bottom