• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like to take a minute to recognize my fellow Veterans, whether you are Active Duty. Guard, Reserve, Retired, or Separated. Thank you for those that came before me, allowing to me serve, thank you for those that served with me, and thank you to those who wear the uniform today and continue to carry the torch and protect us.

As always as we relax and enjoy this day, remember we have men and women serving in harm's way and on remote tours, for them this day that celebrates them is a work day. Also while we remember our men and women in uniform, take a moment to thank their families as they serve right along side them per se.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    A "Veteran"- whether active duty, honorably discharged, retired, or reserve- is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his/her life." That is honor and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Attachments

• Veteran's day 2019.jpg
      Veteran's day 2019.jpg
      181.9 KB · Views: 191
    Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I like to take a minute to recognize my fellow Veterans, whether you are Active Duty. Guard, Reserve, Retired, or Separated. Thank you for those that came before me, allowing to me serve, thank you for those that served with me, and thank you to those who wear the uniform today and continue to carry the torch and protect us.

My thoughts exactly. I tried to sit here and think of something to write, my thoughts just kept wondering back to days of my deployments. Not the sounds of bombs or gunfire or the screams of the wounded, but the laugher and jokes of my brothers I’ve served with. The times of lulls in chaotic times of men bonding in such a real way that can’t be duplicated in any other situation. My deepest thanks from the deepest part of my heart for those that I served with and all that came before.

And a very special kind of thanks to those that were awarded our nations oldest award. From my Heart to Yours. 81FBC37B-BD8C-467D-A9D3-F304D649FA4D.jpeg

From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother.

Attachments

• 81FBC37B-BD8C-467D-A9D3-F304D649FA4D.jpeg
      81FBC37B-BD8C-467D-A9D3-F304D649FA4D.jpeg
      77.1 KB · Views: 297
    Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

My thoughts exactly. I tried to sit here and think of something to write, my thoughts just kept wondering back to days of my deployments. Not the sounds of bombs or gunfire or the screams of the wounded, but the laugher and jokes of my brothers I’ve served with. The times of lulls in chaotic times of men bonding in such a real way that can’t be duplicated in any other situation. My deepest thanks from the deepest part of my heart for those that I served with and all that came before.

And a very special kind of thanks to those that were awarded our nations oldest award. From my Heart to Yours. View attachment 78223

From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother.

and we all say AMEN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Also let's not forget a group that served and died as well. All the Merchant Mariners who delivered all the beans, bullets, and bandages. Without them we never would have prevailed. Even today they are still serving and are often overlooked.

Desert Sheild / Desert Storm. Vet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom