• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have some packs of survival cards left over from the "old days".
    These cards were used to train military personnel prior to deployment OUTCONUS.
    These will be offered free if you promise to use these to help yourself or your children learn some possible life saving lessons.
    For instance,in the pic,what are the bottom two plants and are they eatable ??
    To be picked up at my house in Cantonment. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: These have been spoken for.

Attachments

• 20191110_120729.jpg
      20191110_120729.jpg
      729.8 KB · Views: 545
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gone / Delivered.
    Great to meet you sir. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Stay safe out there. --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are pretty cool Sawman. Being a tanker the only ones I saw were Warsaw Pact armored vehicles and aircraft recognition. Any tanker worth his salt had a months worth of food stashed in the tank so we really didn't need to know edible plants!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IIRC there were quite a few sets/packs of cards like these. Quite a bit of jungle sets and artic region sets.
    During my years as a S.E.R.E. Instructor we taught cold weather survival in the mountains of Maine in the winter months.
    There were cards that covered traps,snares,and dead falls also. As well as snow/ice shelters. The jungle cards were for either South America OR Asia including Indonesia and Australia.
    There were probably 30 different NSN's for these card packs. --- SAWMAN

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your post made me look for mine from SERE/DWEST training. Mine are both Southeast Asia card decks. Dangerous animals and plant info was printed in red and edible was printed in black. One of the cards shows a Tiger ,Elephant and a Water Buffalo.They really didn't need to print that in red because anyone with common sense would know that there are easier critters to catch and eat. Were you ever a SERE instructor at Warner Springs? If so were you the one who punched me in the stomach, stole all my clothes and then threw me in a box? Just funnin! Anyways thanks for the cool post, brings back some memories!

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yes sir. First tour at North Island/Warner Springs. I taught the S.E.R.E. part mostly. Filled in at D.W.E.S.T. if help needed.
    This was in 1977/78 or so. Had several students come out of the "horse collar" when being hoisted to the helo. And when I was going thru DWEST prior to becoming an instructor,killed a seagull in a dead fall and the instructor made me and my partner (USAF pilot) eat it. I highly DON'T reccomend this.
    Out at Warner Springs,had a couple POW "escape". Opened the gate and called to them. They just came walking back. FAIL !!
    Ever see a grown man cry ?? At the end of your stay at the camp . . . when the American flag is raised . . . and all the POW's stand at attention and salute . . . WOW !! --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Back in those days we punched,slapped,kicked,hosed down,and "boxed up",quite a few "prisioners". I was even water boarded when I went thru in '68. And again both times before I became an instructor.
    Surprising that I am such a sweetheart nowadays.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a couple of the older survival fishing kits that should appeal to the military collector.
    They were issue items back in '70-'71.
    Got some issued survival rubbers also. Never used them. Thay were not near big enough for me. Besides . . . It would be like taking a shower with a rain coat on. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL, this type?
    5C27568F-4A32-4C3A-81B3-D44AE9C21FFE.png

Top Bottom