• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wanted it to represent what the bad guys were carrying before I retired. Picture taken before I gave her a complete wipe down and put back into the closet. I think she looks better now.

The handguards were easy as pie, the buttstock gave me a run for my money. Took an hour to get the buttstock off. Even with being careful, going slow and only using my hands and I still managed to break a small chip out of it. I'll glue the chip back tomorrow and set it aside to dry.

The old stock will be stored away, and will go with the gun whether it's sold off or passed on to one of the kids.

Before and after pictures of her.

20190607_114748.jpg

20191107_150534.jpg

Attachments

• 20190607_114748.jpg
      20190607_114748.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 350
    • 20191107_150534.jpg
      20191107_150534.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 358
    Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looks good. You should look into Two Rivers Arms. They have the best info on marking AK’s and they also make replicas of the Tabuk rifles from when I was in Iraq. That will be my Christmas present this year. I can’t wait.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks good. You should look into Two Rivers Arms. They have the best info on marking AK’s and they also make replicas of the Tabuk rifles from when I was in Iraq. That will be my Christmas present this year. I can’t wait.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into them.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know what type of wood they used for the blonde/yellow stocks but it is soft and light in weight. I was going to weigh both buttstocks for comparison, but I got excited and ahead of myself and before I knew I had the new furniture installed. Oh well..........She looks better and that's the important thing.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The bayonet won't slide onto the bayonet lug, checked the T-slot and it's clean, free of debris, and void of any burrs. The muzzle brake passes through the bayonet ring with no issues. I did cause a ridge (Pushed metal) on the lug, when trying to force the bayonet on.

So I'm going to file the lug down and clean the pushed metal up and try again. I'll take a little bit off at a time until it fits. I'll make sure to go slow, so I don't take too much off.

Need to figure out what the proper screw would be, so I can swap out the pistol grips.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom