• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A buddy sent me this link to an article:

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...ce=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New

He didn't prep me on what it was.
    However, for you, I will say that it is written with the literary talent of a food critic mixed with the sarcasm and dark humor of a service-member.

I laughed. A lot. Try reading it out loud to your wife. Even funnier.
    The "prayer" at the end was my favorite. I can see some guys in the sandbox saying it...

Just thought I'd share. :)

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Went by the location on Saufley Field and drive thru line was backed up to the road! Dodged around and parked behind the place and walked to the front. Long line inside that had to have 20 people waiting. I can wait until the new wears off with that kind of crowding!!

Did get one of the SW omelet burritos from Hardy's earlier in the morning. Was going to get one biscuit and one burrito, but they said they had just enough egg mix to make one or the other. Not sure if the jalapenos had settled due to them not ensuring the mix was kept well shaken or stirred; but that description "just enough jalapeno to warm it up" was NOT true, it cleared my sinuses and I often eat jalapeno poppers! Had me mouth breathing I tell you.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you a reliable source on nasty or are you waiting to get the one I don't eat?:hungry:
    Yes I tried one when they first came out and I wouldn’t spend my money on that sandwich. Chick fil a has the best sandwiches to me. But I can’t tell a man where to spend his money.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I recently took Popeye's Popcorn Shrimp off my Yum menu...
    found out they ain't removing the vein off the popcorn shrimp...
    some folks say it doesn't matter, but I ain't gonna eat POO,
    no matter how tiny the amount.

Now if one could find the batter recipe...because that stuff is awesome!!

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes I tried one when they first came out and I wouldn’t spend my money on that sandwich. Chick fil a has the best sandwiches to me. But I can’t tell a man where to spend his money.

Not to worry my friend, I also like Chick Fil A. I also like the way they do business. But I do think I ought to try Popeye's sandwich as their chicken is the best.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got one today. After checking and finding they opened at 10, I pulled up to the order station at six minutes before 10 as the first in line at drive thru. There were people waiting at the door already, and two other vehicles quickly pulled in behind me.

Once I realized the greeting was automatic I quit talking to it, and waited patiently. At 2 after 10, they took my order. I got a classic and a spicy, with a large red beans and rice. Got home after a 10 minute wait for my order, and decided to eat classic first. It was really good, like their normal chicken with some good spices and at least two pickles. I recently had Chic-Filet twice in the past month and having only one pickle slice on a sammich that size irked me. The Popeye's version is better to me.

Looking forward to splitting the spicy with the wife later. She, being Korean, occasionally needs to be reminded Korean food is NOT really that spicy! LOL

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I started this thread because I thought the original article was funny. I had no idea this sandwich was so popular.
    Apparently someone got killed yesterday outside a Popeye's because of a fight that started in a line specifically dedicated to the sale of that sandwich. Lots of crazies out there:

https://www.fox5dc.com/video/622032

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    some fine upstanding citizens in Maryland....

one guess.

someone pulled a gun out a couple weeks ago out in texas over popeyes sandwich...

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is they putting in in these chickens to where they getting robbed people getting killed. They loosing there mind over something that is so nasty to me.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Went today to grab one for lunchtime on nine mile. Inside wait was 25 minutes and drive thru was 10 cars long. Went to Wendy's instead. The battle for the sandwich is on...

I have gotten to know the shift mgr at Whataburger, cantonment, I put the ph# they give you, with the mgr name, in my phone, and call ahead...cuts the wait time bigtime

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What is they putting in in these chickens to where they getting robbed people getting killed. They loosing there mind over something that is so nasty to me.

its the clientele , not the chicken....

Baltimore area and Houston, tx not good wholesome cities..

Top Bottom