Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you to everyone for you input! Look for a new thread on the new schedule for DZIDPA!

Saturdays have always been the better option. However, finding an open Saturday without local conflict will be difficult.
    Good luck!
    Whose wine? What wine? Where the hell did I dine?

22LR
    Mike & John,

First off, thanks for your consistent efforts to put on a premier match. It's obvious that you're in it for the love of the sport. So, I can understand your frustration with the declining attendance and in particular the low level of participation in the November match. I know that you've both got lives to manage at the same time you're devoting a tremendous amount of time and effort to this endeavor.

And now the "however." I think you misinterpreted the lack of participation as a lack of interest. There may be any number of reasons for this, but as a frequent competitor in several matches throughout the area I've noticed a marked and general decline in participation at all of them. I think this is part of cyclical variation.

In order to attract an impressive crowd all that's needed is some kind of novelty. Curiosity is a powerful magnet. To keep people coming back is a different story. Then it becomes a matter of consistent excellence to build a good reputation, and very importantly, getting the word out. And you did that really well at Oak Ridge. So, bottom line, I think you got discouraged too easily.

Had I been asked, I'd have advised you to continue with the November match, document it extensively with photos and video, and afterward, publicize how great it was on every medium available. Make people realize that they missed a great event and vow to make it to the next one.

Anyway, my two cents,

-Stan-
    Last edited by hey.moe; 11-15-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Grammar, clarification

4. 4 Like hey.moe's Post:

50 CAL
    I am willing to come by early on match day and help set up and stay late to break down. I am unable to come on a different day to set up. I hope we can reopen this match, I enjoy it and enjoy shooting with all of y'all, even though you do not let me win, ever.

6. Likes Jeb21's Post:

22LR
    Good evening , when is the new schedule going to be posted?

8. Likes Syrupdelicious's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Syrupdelicious View Post
    Good evening , when is the new schedule going to be posted?
    We’re you not on the forum previously John? Love the handle though.

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
    Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL
    Deadly Threat Defense LLC - Your source for affordable firearms training near Pensacola, FL

22LR
    I was, couldn't remember the password.