• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fletching

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What are everyone's thoughts between the two for concealed carry? New to this forum and invited by @M60Gunner. I just recently got my CWL and looking for something reliable and super compact at a price point under 500. I have a S&W SD9VE I've had for a couple years but its simply too big for me to carry consitently even though its a really solid budget gun.

I've watched a couple of videos comparing the two, but was wondering if anyone had any insight into which one is better long-term and has more/better upgrade options. I'm leaning towards the P365 because of the night sights and the higher capacity out of the box but ive heard the G43 is more reliable. Any insight from people that have owned one or both for a period of time?

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I currently have both guns and carry both guns. I like them both for different reasons and carry them differently depending on different situations. My advice would be to put your hands on both of them and whatever you feel the best is for you get that one. Ive found CCW firearms are very particular to the people who are caring them. What one guy praises another guy hates and you’re the one that’s gonna be possibly using it to protect yourself and others.

fletching

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Solid advice. I’ve put my hands on the p365 and it felt great. I’ll have to physically check out the G43. Have you made any modifications or upgrades to either?

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Owned / carried a 43 for a while. I’d get hands on both guns before you make a decision. The standard 43 and 365 are too small for me, but the 365XL and G43X / 48 work a lot better. I just never felt like I could get a good handle on the 43. That said, it was very accurate and extremely comfortable to carry. I forgot it was there many times. Also, Glock is shipping guns with night sights now for a little more money.

fletching

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the advice. I’m gonna go out my hands on one this weekend and see if I like it as much as I liked the p365. I wonder if anyone local has one with the night sights for sale.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Thanks for the advice. I’m gonna go out my hands on one this weekend and see if I like it as much as I liked the p365. I wonder if anyone local has one with the night sights for sale.

As of last weekend, Gulf Coast Guns in Milton had a 43X, 365 and 365XL on the racks. The Glock and 365XL had night sights - didn’t look at the regular 365 though. They run through stock fairly quickly but it might be worth a look.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is solid advise to be found here on the two very good pistols you mentioned. They are popular and sell well but popularity offen wanes even with a good product over time. They're both called sub-compacts but is the Sig P365 really one? Apples to Apples (below). I bring this up because it begs the question of what is now disqualifying with the "hot CC" guns from 5, 10 or 20 years ago?

I merely suggest identifying Your Requirements then finding a suitable firearm that does (you may have done just that). However, if your compromising requirements for other peoples flavor of the Month: you'll come up short in the long run and be back in the market to buy yet a "better" CC gun again.

FWIW: CC gun favorites ebb and flow with the tide of "new" products and what was washed out to sea often comes ashore in new "lipstick & rouge"! The G43 is solid, so is the Sig P365 that was designed to bump it. It's understandable to want the latest and greatest thing to hit gun reviewers hands (and often pay a premium to get one early on): in that case you will want the Springfield Hellcat (designed to bump the P365) as it has more capacity than the P365, though you do run the risks associated as being the Field Beta Tester for a gun with no real history, just promotion and commercial reviews.

I do find it absolutely hilarious; how the "circle of Desired Qualities" goes from one extreme to the other then creaps back. I often refer to this as "gun of the month"! You must be .45, you must be magnum, you must have a double stack 9mm, you must be .40, you must be double stack compact, you must be single stack sub compact, you must have magic bullets in 9mm, you must be single stack micro-compact, you must be double stack micro compact. At each phase: offer +1,+2 mags "finger" ext! Then they start to grow dimensionally again 6 rounds "flush" better than 5, 7 flush better than 6, and back up the fat (doublestack) and bigger ladder they go: .25 here, .5 there, ounces cut to ounces added, and then they push the advantage of a "fuller grip" that they eliminated the year(s) before!

Apples to apples? Manufacrures apply size catagories. Sig calls the P365 a Micro-compact yet it's much closer to the G26 Compact than the G43 Micro-compact. The "fat kitty" Hellcat is also called a "Micro-compact" yet it too is right in G26 size! Yeah, +1, +2 but you can slam a G17 mag (or larger) in a G26! The G26 was introduced in 1995, still in production with a great reliability history. Are the P365 or the Hellcat breaking new ground or just lipstick & rouge?

By all means buy what you like, there's a parade off stuff competing fo your dollars, I've just seen these floats before. Lol

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    There is solid advise to be found here on the two very good pistols you mentioned. They are popular and sell well but popularity offen wanes even with a good product over time. They're both called sub-compacts but is the Sig P365 really one? Apples to Apples (below). I bring this up because it begs the question of what is now disqualifying with the "hot CC" guns from 5, 10 or 20 years ago?

I merely suggest identifying Your Requirements then finding a suitable firearm that does (you may have done just that). However, if your compromising requirements for other peoples flavor of the Month: you'll come up short in the long run and be back in the market to buy yet a "better" CC gun again.

FWIW: CC gun favorites ebb and flow with the tide of "new" products and what was washed out to sea often comes ashore in new "lipstick & rouge"! The G43 is solid, so is the Sig P365 that was designed to bump it. It's understandable to want the latest and greatest thing to hit gun reviewers hands (and often pay a premium to get one early on): in that case you will want the Springfield Hellcat (designed to bump the P365) as it has more capacity than the P365, though you do run the risks associated as being the Field Beta Tester for a gun with no real history, just promotion and commercial reviews.

I do find it absolutely hilarious; how the "circle of Desired Qualities" goes from one extreme to the other then creaps back. I often refer to this as "gun of the month"! You must be .45, you must be magnum, you must have a double stack 9mm, you must be .40, you must be double stack compact, you must be single stack sub compact, you must have magic bullets in 9mm, you must be single stack micro-compact, you must be double stack micro compact. At each phase: offer +1,+2 mags "finger" ext! Then they start to grow dimensionally again 6 rounds "flush" better than 5, 7 flush better than 6, and back up the fat (doublestack) and bigger ladder they go: .25 here, .5 there, ounces cut to ounces added, and then they push the advantage of a "fuller grip" that they eliminated the year(s) before!

Apples to apples? Manufacrures apply size catagories. Sig calls the P365 a Micro-compact yet it's much closer to the G26 Compact than the G43 Micro-compact. The "fat kitty" Hellcat is also called a "Micro-compact" yet it too is right in G26 size! Yeah, +1, +2 but you can slam a G17 mag (or larger) in a G26! The G26 was introduced in 1995, still in production with a great reliability history. Are the P365 or the Hellcat breaking new ground or just lipstick & rouge?

By all means buy what you like, there's a parade off stuff competing fo your dollars, I've just seen these floats before. Lol

Good points. The 26 / 27 / 33, etc. are all great guns as well.

I haven't seen any reviews yet as they're new, but here's some more food for thought - Shield Arms is making a 15 round flush fit magazine for the 43X / 48 frame. The first round of pre-orders are supposed to be shipping right now, so hopefully some reviews / testing in the wild will pop up soon. If they turn out to be reliable, IMO that kills everything else in this sector of the market (at least for now).

PSSChris

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Currently carrying a 43x and solely because I’m hoping the shield arms 15 round mags work out. I’ve had two p365s and for some reason they always feel just a hair too small for my hand but they have both shit amazing with no hang ups at all

Ambien_Doc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carried a 43 for a while. Bought a 365 and love it... I'll sell you my regular ole' 43 for a good price if you want it.

Top Bottom