• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The good news and the bad news about Hurricane Michael was a huge shade tree that I had at the corner of my house barely missed my house but now I don't have any shade. Can anyone recommend a good shade tree that is fast growing and has a good root system. Also recommendations on a good nursery that sells and installs partially mature trees. Thanks.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I googled fast growing shade trees and found this article. It doesn't say whether they are strong trees but does give you a good summary of the Oaks which are strong trees, some varieties grow faster than others. Personally I have experience with Sawtooth Oaks and they do grow pretty fast. I think they key would be to find a Nursery that does plant partially mature trees, you can also ask them what they would recommend.

https://www.bhg.com/gardening/trees...dd#slide_9c7d2235-1ba9-4d6f-bbca-a0fec10031dd

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One Oak that article doesn't mention is the Nuttall Oak. These are also fast growing and provided an added benefit as they drop their acorns late in the Fall making them good to plant for deer attraction too!

Top Bottom