• FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Posted: Oct 30, 2019 / 11:11 AM CDT / Updated: Oct 30, 2019 / 11:36 AM CDT
    AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to Facebook
    Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to SMSShare to EmailShare to More

MILTON, Fla. (WKRG) – Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson held a news conference Wednesday to discuss several recent car break-ins where suspects were looking for guns.

The sheriff says a group of three to five suspects from neighboring Escambia County could be behind ten recent car burglaries in Santa Rosa County, including one crime in which a gun was stolen.

The sheriff showed home surveillance video from a car burglary in Pace on October 28 in which the person whose gun was stolen tried to chase after the suspects, who then fired at the victim.

Thirteen minutes later, Sheriff Johnson says the same suspects then robbed someone who was standing around waiting for an Uber.

Investigators have identified the suspects but are not releasing their names because they hope to make arrests soon, the sheriff said. The ages of the suspects range from 16 to 21.

The sheriff expressed concern about the amount of crime that he says is spilling over from Escambia County.

According to the sheriff, his deputies arrested 670 people in 2018 who had Escambia County addresses. With two months still to go in 2019, this year’s total is already at 705, the sheriff said.

Investigators believe the same suspects also stole four vehicles from the Pensacola area on October 24.

The gun used in the shooting was not stolen as stated:
    My husband is the one who chased them an the sheriff's office is saying that it was our gun that was stolen. That is incorrect. The gun was not ours it had already been stolen from a vehicle before they got to ours. All of our guns are locked up safe in our gun cabinet. I wished they could get their stories correct.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the SRC Sheriff office.

From the SRC Sheriff office.
    Developing News – Pace Vehicle Burglaries and Armed Robbery
    Arrests have been made of the suspects involved in the vehicle burglary spree and armed robbery from Monday morning. Although these arrests have been made, we want to remind our citizens to remain vigilant. Please lock your vehicles and especially do not leave guns in your car. If you see any suspicious activity, do not hesitate to call us.

This remains an ongoing investigation. We wanted to provide this update to our citizens.
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/santarosasheriff/videos/2582136248543754/?t=129[/video]

Last edited:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Also crime up here in Chumuckla. Property crime close to us on Tidwell. Then had a guy in a box truck drive into my yard with some bullshit story and I told him you are casing the wrong house cause I’ll kill you and whoever else I need to, and he left quickly. Sad to see.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Also crime up here in Chumuckla. Property crime close to us on Tidwell. Then had a guy in a box truck drive into my yard with some bullshit story and I told him you are casing the wrong house cause I’ll kill you and whoever else I need to, and he left quickly. Sad to see.

that's what I am talking about.. if your inner spidey sense goes to twitching, no need to be socialable….straight out say what you suspect.. get the hell out and don't come back unless you want to leave on a stretcher with a sheet over your face.

I answer the door with a gun in my hand out where I live...not that it is bad, but because it is very dark outside, and in a remote spot...I am 911 ...

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Reminds me of one time the property crime guys at ECSO got a call from SRSO wanting them to check the pawn shot reports for some property. Turned out two dudes from Escambia were going to SR county to burglarize homes there and pawning the proceeds in Escambia.

One of the ECSO property crimes investigators was a friend and he said that the SRSO guys came over to interview after they were picked up on warrants from SRSO. After they admitted to all they would cop to, one SRSO investigator asked the two; "If you live here in Escambia county, why drive to Santa Rosa county to break into houses?"

Buddy said the two looked at each other, and one replied; "Haven't you heard, they will shoot your ass in Escambia!" LOL

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reminds me of one time the property crime guys at ECSO got a call from SRSO wanting them to check the pawn shot reports for some property. Turned out two dudes from Escambia were going to SR county to burglarize homes there and pawning the proceeds in Escambia.

One of the ECSO property crimes investigators was a friend and he said that the SRSO guys came over to interview after they were picked up on warrants from SRSO. After they admitted to all they would cop to, one SRSO investigator asked the two; "If you live here in Escambia county, why drive to Santa Rosa county to break into houses?"

Buddy said the two looked at each other, and one replied; "Haven't you heard, they will shoot your ass in Escambia!" LOL
    I suspect they will also get shot in Santa Rosa County and the deputies are less likely to get thrown under bus like just happened to one in Escambia County.

fletching

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Sister-in-law had a close call around 3 am one night in Pace. She's an insomniac so she's always up at that hour and went to grab something out of her car. She hears a car coming down her street so she hops in her car to avoid being seen in her nightgown as they pass. Well, the car stopped and a guy got out unaware she was in the car and starts checking her husband's truck in the driveway. She locks the car she is in next to the truck, the perp freezes, looks like he was about to try to open her door, but then decides to bolt. She wasn't carrying, but she does now.

The perps were arrested the next day after being in a chase and totaling the stolen car they were in. I don't know whats going on out in Pace and Milton, but these crooks are getting braver and growing in numbers.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sister-in-law had a close call around 3 am one night in Pace. She's an insomniac so she's always up at that hour and went to grab something out of her car. She hears a car coming down her street so she hops in her car to avoid being seen in her nightgown as they pass. Well, the car stopped and a guy got out unaware she was in the car and starts checking her husband's truck in the driveway. She locks the car she is in next to the truck, the perp freezes, looks like he was about to try to open her door, but then decides to bolt. She wasn't carrying, but she does now.

The perps were arrested the next day after being in a chase and totaling the stolen car they were in. I don't know whats going on out in Pace and Milton, but these crooks are getting braver and growing in numbers.

They are going into the relatively newer neighborhoods in Pace where they figure there is something to steal and not so much at trailer parks. Many of these people are migrants from other areas and less likely to be carrying guns. I carry as much as possible myself. Pace is nearer to pensacola where many crooks come from and also has a trailer/mobile home park in its midst on Guernsey lane.
    Perhaps if the residents manage to kill some these low lifes pace will become a less popular place to steal from.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shoot, Shovel, Shaddap :)

Just like gators & wolves.

Top Bottom