APOD Firearms

Gun range options Pace Pensacola or Milton?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In your opinion what range offers best deals?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They currently are restricted to ranges of about 100 yards and that is soon hopefully to change. They recently purchased 40 acres so that they can extend their range distances and will end up with either 500 or 600 yard distances.
    I was at another range today, the PRPC with a 2-3 yr waiting list, and a lost Escambia County Environmental Officer came by looking for ERGC and I am sure he was going there about the permitting to remove dirt for that new 40 acres. ERGC needs to get a permit for soil removal to build the new ranges.
    ERGC is a good group of people; currently they are more devoted to action pistol shooting, not to traditional bullseye shooting, and they still like traditional guns like muzzle loaders and old military rifles. They do cowboy action shooting too.

pileggi78563

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The pigfarm range out in Robertsdale is about 30 minutes from Pcola. Range goes out to 400 yards and has spots for more tactical training.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The pigfarm range out in Robertsdale is about 30 minutes from Pcola. Range goes out to 400 yards and has spots for more tactical training.
    I will keep their 400 yard range in mind. 300 is the max available to me now. There private company ranges about and I am not sure if they are still open or not. The old Monsanto property and IP use to have them.

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone ever shoot that 1K yard range in Holt? I just seen it on google search. Says they have 300-600-1000 Yd

Rangerclay

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Altus shooting is hands down the best range in our area. 1300 yard unknown distance, 700 yard know distance, 800 yard known distance, multiple pistol/rifle/shotgun ranges.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Altus shooting is hands down the best range in our area. 1300 yard unknown distance, 700 yard know distance, 800 yard known distance, multiple pistol/rifle/shotgun ranges.
    funny you should mention them. never heard of 'em, and this morning i was scouting a blackwater river canoe trip on googlemap and saw altus. went to their website. looks interesting. wonder if they will give a tour to an interested party.

Dewayne G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot or toured each of the ranges mentioned earlier and also the Santa Rosa County range. I find if you're a long range precision shooter Altus and Precision Tactical are both great and also offer plenty of pistol competitions. The other ranges have less long range but still offer great services for the more realistic shooters.
    My money is well spent at Escambia River Gun Club as a pistol shooter/ competitor and a realistic rifle shooter.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Altus=CORE= K&M. I lost track of which name and when but it's the same location/range for anyone else that was confused.

If I'm mistaken, let me know

Rangerclay

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    K&m sold to core after a partnership fallout. Core had to change names due to another company not registered in the fl data base trying to sue them. So it is now Altus. Same place. I’m sure you can take a tour. I shoot precision rifle series, 2 gun and 3 gun. So the range is very practical for me.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    K&m sold to core after a partnership fallout. Core had to change names due to another company not registered in the fl data base trying to sue them. So it is now Altus. Same place. I’m sure you can take a tour. I shoot precision rifle series, 2 gun and 3 gun. So the range is very practical for me.

Like I said, for anyone else trying to track.... Altus=CORE=k&m

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nah, don't go to ERGC. Never. It's awful. Go to that public range down the road with all the shotgun bubbas.

<sarcasm>

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, as long as you are close enough to make use of it. I'm about 1+30 drive away, so it's not worth the membership.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just like to say - - -> if you are looking for a club to join,ask your friends that shoot like you.
    If they either don't know or suggest you join ERGC . . . join it. Join it NOW. It will be the best club for your needs. --- SAWMAN

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That’s my drive as well (from Navarre)
    Then it's really just the price difference, as Core / whatever they call it is $100-150 indoc fee then $45 / mo.

ERGC is $120-140 for the year. As I can leave my house and be unpacking at ERGC inside of 15 min, it's a no brainer for me.

Top Bottom