• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just paid alot for tdd a Savage 10 ml 2 and all the caps do is fizzle,and that's with approved AA2016 loads and a 300 gr bullet.it looks like the guy I bought it from just didnt clean it or oiled it too much bcuz the primers don th do anything. I got the bolt out but I cant remove the breech plug it's got 4 prongs and I cant find an EZ tool anywhere.

I'll buy one if you have it,or rent it. I need it for this year.im in pensacola.ill pay for helping me out.

Thanks for looking.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it loaded? First thing I'd do is run an appiopriate size stiff and straight wire (.0305 will pass through the vent liner) through the PRIMER hole, breech and vent liner into the "chamber area", gotta have an ignition path. You can "sharpen" the wire tip to ease entry and break carbon from path. You may also expose "freshER powder" to the next primer spark. If you had a misfire: RE RAM THE LOAD AGAIN! Re primer, attempt to fire.

Other than that you need the Plug Tool which I don't have. Take a few measurements: go to auto parts store that rents tools, might have a speciality too that could work. Possibly a Sunex 392102 Radio Trim Nut Socket, Two-Prong, or Sunex 392104 Antenna Nut Socket, Two-Prong this is just one brand. Auto parts will have somethin along these lines. If hard pressed, l'd see about modifying a proper diameter socket. Quick work on a bench grinder and file.

Hope this helps, no charge. Lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I had the same idea. Damm dirty holes! Also make damm sure it's not double loaded!!!!!!! Use the ramrod to measure. Not overly familiar with these. I like the old smoke poles!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Take it to Ubers on N. Fairfield or to Mike's guns on hwy 29 and let them pull the breech plug and clean it for you.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was the vent liner

Keep us posted on the end result.

I borrowed a breech plug tool and it was so clogged a safety pin wouldn't go through ventliner.

I bought a reg 3/8s savage breechplug from ARROWHEAD so I wont need that tool. I bought a new vent liner from BADGER RIDGE.

So it's about all fixed!! Thanks for all the help. Oh it wasn't double loaded.

Top Bottom