• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've just completed the full rehab on a house in Avalon Beach area of Milton and it's on the market. The other day I saw a small area of lawn that was pretty torn up. Had no idea what did it but spoke to a landscaper friend who said it could be an armadillo. He said put some moth balls around to help keep it away. Today I found much more of the lawn was torn up and a short while later saw what is doing it.

20191023_143411.jpg
    20191023_143910.jpg

If anyone wants some bacon come and get it. I never hunted pig so don't know what to do with it. I need this thing off my yard! If you can get rid of it, (I don't care how) PM me for the address.

Attachments

• 20191023_143411.jpg
      20191023_143411.jpg
      512.4 KB · Views: 418
    • 20191023_143910.jpg
      20191023_143910.jpg
      660.6 KB · Views: 417

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    that thing is very well fed..... someones looking for it. I'd post it over on FB on a coupe local pages....

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am just about totally illiterate when it comes to facebook. Have an account but only because the broker I used to be with communicated that way. Wouldn't know where to post it.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know wild hogs are a nuisance but I kind of want to scratch this one's ear and give it a carrot

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know wild hogs are a nuisance but I kind of want to scratch this one's ear and give it a carrot

Come on over, give it a carrot and let it follow you home! I just want it gone.
    I know the neighbors on either side and they've both lived there several years. It's not their's and they don;t know who's it is.

I squirted it with a hose and it walked next door but came back 5 minutes later.. Did that several times but kept coming back. Tomorrow I'm taking a pellet pistol with me, will get it in the butt a few times and hope it gets the message to leave for good.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Come on over, give it a carrot and let it follow you home! I just want it gone.
    I know the neighbors on either side and they've both lived there several years. It's not their's and they don;t know who's it is.

I squirted it with a hose and it walked next door but came back 5 minutes later.. Did that several times but kept coming back. Tomorrow I'm taking a pellet pistol with me, will get it in the butt a few times and hope it gets the message to leave for good.

Just call Animal Control once it's in your yard and hanging out. Or ask John B. to dispatch it humanely. The pellet gun is a torturous decision. Break the skin and leave a pellet imbedded, then a festering infection. If it's worth it to you to harm the animal, just kill it quickly; no need to maim it.

It looks like it has/had an owner.
    It acts like it's perfectly comfortable around humans.

It shouldn't be difficult for Animal Control to find it either a home or a freezer from a deserving family.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a animal rescue place over my way that has a couple Vietnamese Potbelly Pigs that out grew their owners. If Animal Control doesn't take it call the Rescue orgs. It would make a fine main dish for a Luau!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I first saw it I called Fish and wildlife, they told me to call animal control. Called them, they told me to call another wildlife agency, forget the name but they gave me the number. Called them, they transferred me to another department. Finally got someone who gave an answer. She said "take care of it yourself or I can give you the number for a local pest removal company which you will have to pay for. I asked if any state or local agency can take care of this, she said no it's on me.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When I first saw it I called Fish and wildlife, they told me to call animal control. Called them, they told me to call another wildlife agency, forget the name but they gave me the number. Called them, they transferred me to another department. Finally got someone who gave an answer. She said "take care of it yourself or I can give you the number for a local pest removal company which you will have to pay for. I asked if any state or local agency can take care of this, she said no it's on me.

Sounds about right. We're here to help.... just not you.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just call Animal Control once it's in your yard and hanging out. Or ask John B. to dispatch it humanely. The pellet gun is a torturous decision. Break the skin and leave a pellet imbedded, then a festering infection. If it's worth it to you to harm the animal, just kill it quickly; no need to maim it.

It looks like it has/had an owner.
    It acts like it's perfectly comfortable around humans.

It shouldn't be difficult for Animal Control to find it either a home or a freezer from a deserving family.

As mentioned above animal control or any other government agency will not help. Not looking to hurt it, just get it away from my yard, The house is on the market and the last thing I needed was a damn pig tearing up the lawn. A neighbor told me to use something to get rid of the grubworms and it will go away. I will do that this morning. Just hope when I get to the house there's enough lawn left to save.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mystery solved! One of the neighbors found it a few weeks ago roaming the neighborhood. She took it in and has been trying to find owner but nobody has come forward. It's been in her backyard for the last few weeks and just recently decided it wants out. She wants it out of her yard so if anyone wants or knows someone that wants a LARGE pig let me know.

Top Bottom