• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a canik tp9sf elite that I want to rotate for E.D.C pistol. Has anyone had any issue or problems with one. How many round do y’all think I should put thru it before I should trust it.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I brought it to try something different one guy at the shop say it’s worth the money.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I brought it to try something different one guy at the shop say it’s worth the money.

Firearms are like love affairs , some work out and last a life time, others last a short time, the nice thing about firearms are that they are easy to move on from. Point being,you should ?? be able to get your $$ back by selling it.
    Your location says Mobile, so try locally, save driveng to one of the rest area's on I-10

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO "Trusting" a personal defense weapon more than an arbitrary nomber of rounds between/without failure. YOU must be comfortable with its carry, proficient in its handling, manipulation and accuracy. You will also parallel test feed it different ammo. In the normal course of business, when you achieve these: you will by default have your round count/reliability question answered.

A specific answer for a minimum rounds for manufacture reliable of current production "new" handguns (I include Canik):
    Revolvers (S&W, Ruger, Colt, Taurus, NAA) 50.
    For Pistols Glock, Sig, FN, H&K, CZ, Hi-Point and others) 150.
    * Hiccups along the way that aren't attributed to shooter/maintenance, lube/ammo must reset the count to Zero. Even great Mfrs put out a lemon once in a while. I have reduced "general reliability round counts" as over time, reliability has not changed with much higher round counts.

Normally in our due diligence, we read numerous reviews and watch the Vids (I also check the Mfrs Site for RECALLS and Service/Upgrades: an unofficial recall). Brand new models/major design changes, just hitting the streets should trigger higher reliability round counts as users often find cliches factories miss with new guns. One gun reviewer putting 500 rounds through a Hellcat is not enough of a track record for me. You will often learn of issues others had AND If one says there were reliability issues early on but after XXX rounds it "Broke in" and ran flawless: you should factor that in. I don't think firearms should need break in round counts but it happens. I think all firearms do "smooth out" to various degrees as parts "wear-in".

Let us know at what point it got warm and fuzzy for you.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO "Trusting" a personal defense weapon more than an arbitrary nomber of rounds between/without failure. YOU must be comfortable with its carry, proficient in its handling, manipulation and accuracy. You will also parallel test feed it different ammo. In the normal course of business, when you achieve these: you will by default have your round count/reliability question answered.

A specific answer for a minimum rounds for manufacture reliable of current production "new" handguns (I include Canik):
    Revolvers (S&W, Ruger, Colt, Taurus, NAA) 50.
    For Pistols Glock, Sig, FN, H&K, CZ, Hi-Point and others) 150.
    * Hiccups along the way that aren't attributed to shooter/maintenance, lube/ammo must reset the count to Zero. Even great Mfrs put out a lemon once in a while. I have reduced "general reliability round counts" as over time, reliability has not changed with much higher round counts.

Normally in our due diligence, we read numerous reviews and watch the Vids (I also check the Mfrs Site for RECALLS and Service/Upgrades: an unofficial recall). Brand new models/major design changes, just hitting the streets should trigger higher reliability round counts as users often find cliches factories miss with new guns. One gun reviewer putting 500 rounds through a Hellcat is not enough of a track record for me. You will often learn of issues others had AND If one says there were reliability issues early on but after XXX rounds it "Broke in" and ran flawless: you should factor that in. I don't think firearms should need break in round counts but it happens. I think all firearms do "smooth out" to various degrees as parts "wear-in".

Let us know at what point it got warm and fuzzy for you.

I put 200 thru my Glock and 2 mags of defense ammo. I’m on the fence on keeping it or send it out the door. If put it thru the test and like the resort I will keep it.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If reliability issues it’s gone. But the issue I have with it in my hand I mite can fix. But it mite be gone before I even get to test it out cause I think I’m just a Glock fanboy. Lol

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    That's why believe revolvers are safer and better. But you'll die if you dont have more than 7 shots! Per the internet!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Re: break in. Bought a RIA gi 45. Had issues. Dabed some "red rouge" jewelry polish on the moving parts. Oiled the hell out of it and shot 200 rds. Cleaned, and cleaned and cleaned, works 100% now and the parts are slick like glass. I also used a wool pad on the dremel with the same polish on the feed ramp, shines like a mirror. Eats everything now, flat,hp,lead.

RIA.jpg

Attachments

• RIA.jpg
      RIA.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 215

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's why believe revolvers are safer and better. But you'll die if you dont have more than 7 shots! Per the internet!

Don’t get me wrong I like revolvers. But I’m not as fast doing reload with revolvers. That’s why I really don’t pick one that offten.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If reliability issues it’s gone. But the issue I have with it in my hand I mite can fix. But it mite be gone before I even get to test it out cause I think I’m just a Glock fanboy. Lol

I misunderstood, thought you were refering to the Glock in the prior sentence of Post #7.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m put the pistol thru my test I’m going fishing with it sweat on it. Get it dirty and put rounds thru it to see if I will keep it.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For that pistol if I was going to carry it I would put the lighter recoil spring in it. I got two when I bought mine. The heavier one would sometimes hiccup on occasion while the lighter one ran with everything.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For that pistol if I was going to carry it I would put the lighter recoil spring in it. I got two when I bought mine. The heavier one would sometimes hiccup on occasion while the lighter one ran with everything.

Ok do you have that parts number and tell me how you like the pistol and what you don’t like.

Top Bottom