• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Neighbor behind me heard a noise this morning that woke him up. It came from backyard outside bedroom, so he opened a slat in the blinds to see what it was and came face to face with a burglar looking for a way in! He dropped the blinds and luckily they ran off.

Neighbors reported they saw two men going to door to door, and one neighbor said they stated that they were looking for yard work to do. Humm, no equipment, no marked truck; what should one do?

Call the law! Better to have someone checked out by the law that have a neighbor broken into!!!!!

Same scenario from a break in at my house while at work in 2003. Neighbors saw them too, and non one called.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I saw something odd once,
    While driving I saw a small airplane throw something out that preceded to parachute down. I stopped to see if I actually saw what I thought I saw, even took a picture, it’s blurry but
    e0a69d1edf5b4c4bb457b3d3da195204.jpg

It was a small package parachuting to the ground in what is a known drug area. I reported it, almost felt like I waisted their time because I couldn’t really give details but It was also the most scared I’ve ever been because the people that would throw something out of a plane I don’t want after me.
    The police asked me if I saw where it landed? I’m like HELL NO, I carry 7+1 with an extra mag but I’m not driving back into that neighborhood. Package dropped about a block that way. Plane went that way, check flight plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    This is when it's good to be friends with your neighbors. Where I live its rural,(old rednecks) we have a "call tree" of sorts. When someone sees a strange truck chuging around slow, random people on foot or jehovah's wandering around they call or just hop on their golf cart and go talk to em'. Its nice.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is when it's good to be friends with your neighbors. Where I live its rural,(old rednecks) we have a "call tree" of sorts. When someone sees a strange truck chuging around slow, random people on foot or jehovah's wandering around they call or just hop on their golf cart and go talk to em'. Its nice.
    The man that use to run a local nursery told me he was driving I think in rural georgia looking some of that small nursery operations that run their with the idea to buy fruits for his business. He was stopped and asked his business. Given a mason jar of moonshine and told never to return. Some one else that I know was trying to do research in rural Georgia on Alapaha blue blood bulls dogs that were originally bred by a lady named Lana Lane in about 70's onward. He got some very unfriendly receptions driving up peoples' driveways. One man after about a year decided it was ok to talk to him.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We're lucky that we live on a street that is short and T's with a dead end going left or right. If you enter our neighborhood you have to stop and turn around, I always come out of my garage and watch vehicles I don't know leave and make sure they know I'm watching. I think lighting things up at night helps too. These days with solar lighting it's easier than ever to put extra lighting out in your neighborhood in particular around your own place. Eliminate the shadows and dim lit areas they can hide in.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thieves hate pop-on lights and alarm signs and Cameras...
    adding burglar bars usually mean you'll never get bothered...
    because it's too much work ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom