APOD Firearms

The Daisy V/L rifle. Caseless ammunition .

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Years ago I had one and sold it to someone that was collecting them. It did use compressed air to ignite the propellant. Maybe not so different from those that put a drop of oil in the back of a pellet in an air powered gun. The heavy spring did not help accuracy.
    I do not think it was considered a firearm. It does not use a primer that is part of the definition of ammunition used in regulated firearms.
    IIRC I purchased it from the original Herters that was located in Waseca, MN. It is gone and its brand name owned by someone else. They would sell you anything from illegal feathers for fly fishing from canadian harvested waterfowl to diamonds from Katanga province, Congo. They were a Belgium family in origin and kept those overseas Belgium colonial connections.
    I still have a commercial yugo mauser that has their brand marking on it and a hunting knife.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps overseas such a gun might avoid some registration requirements in some countries that do not regulate airguns. IIRC it was like a .22 short.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    ATF told em get a license or quit. They did not want to get into fire arms at that time. Later they built the very 1st 50 cal sniper rifle for the seals...got a contract and everything. Daisy is quite interesting to read about.
    The rifles sell for about 300 and 10 shots for $6. My question is If daisy could build it, why couldn't one of the others. Larger calibers?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom