Potential Tropical Cyclone 16 Headed Our Way!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's right, going to be a rainy Friday and Saturday most likely, probably a bit breezy too!

Attachments

• 174247_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
      174247_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
      77.7 KB · Views: 201

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just what we need, a reason for Ch's 3,5,10,& 15 to "beat the war drums":cheer2::cheer2: so some :rolleyes: will buy up all the groceries, drive up the $$$ of gas, interrupt the ball games every 15 min. with a new location of a TD moving at 15 MPH. , That's about a new broadcast for a 4 mile move in location when the storm is 250 (+-) miles from hitting land.
    Good think I've got a lot of cases that need resizing/

Last edited:

standles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    why a cyclone and not a tropical storm I am wondering? Maybe a hurricane before it hits??

If a depression intensifies such that its maximum sustained winds reach 39 miles per hour , the tropical cyclone becomes a tropical storm.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh boy, yeap they hype it up, and it drives those of us who went through Michael crazy. Even worse for those who's houses came down around them.

Our daughter came by to pick up our granddaughter after getting off of work, and she was all worried. Had to tell her to shut up finally, as she ran on and on about it for 20 minutes or so. Yeah I get worried, repairs are still being done, and I remember listening to the roof coming off part of the house during Michael.

But the media goes crazy, and it causes a lot of people to worry too much, or damn near have a breakdown. Granted I'm a little gun-shy after Michael, but I watch, listen, and have a game plan if needed. Just don't preach to me every 15 minutes on TV that the end of world is coming, trying to whip me into a panic.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It of course needs to be watched. We could get some high winds and again it might be much ado about nothing.

oct 2019 storm.JPG

Attachments

• oct 2019 storm.JPG
      oct 2019 storm.JPG
      97.8 KB · Views: 166

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You need to hurry and fill your vehicles and generator gas cans now, and lots of bottled water and beer before the other hoarders beat you to it.:pound:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Work went from "Saturday ops for those that want them" to "we probably aren't flying until next Friday".

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My work went straight to "show Saturday morning 0600, pack for three days in case we go to Panama City...again."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Right now looks like Panama City area is where land fall will occur. My concerns for all of those folks that still have "blue roofs". TS force winds will make a mess of them. Potential for a lot of rain too. Panama City and east sure has taken in on the chin.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems to have shifted a little further east away the pensacola-milton area.

oct 2019 storm.JPG

Attachments

• oct 2019 storm.JPG
      oct 2019 storm.JPG
      37.2 KB · Views: 119

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its true and sad about all the "Blue Roofs" from PCB and East. UV/Weather destroys them in about six months, some places just have blue shreds hanging. I just need to fill some gas cans and I'm set.

Rainy Sat/Sun is another reason to go to the PCB Gun Show!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its true and sad about all the "Blue Roofs" from PCB and East. UV/Weather destroys them in about six months, some places just have blue shreds hanging. I just need to fill some gas cans and I'm set.

Rainy Sat/Sun is another reason to go to the PCB Gun Show!

When you do your roofs, use steel and put the screw through the decking into the trusses. Mine went through Ivan without damage from the winds.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you do your roofs, use steel and put the screw through the decking into the trusses. Mine went through Ivan without damage from the winds.

HM tore off the entire metal roof from the house behind mine. Roof was less than three months old, I don't know how it was anchored but it was a commercial roofer. By comparison, my 34YO shingle roof lost 40%, shingles tore in half, did not expose felt/plywood except where the tree landed.

WX Storms are hit and miss. You could find the exact opposite a half block away but I know the history of the two roofs I mentioned above.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HM tore off the entire metal roof from the house behind mine. Roof was less than three months old, I don't know how it was anchored but it was a commercial roofer. By comparison, my 34YO shingle roof lost 40%, shingles tore in half, did not expose felt/plywood except where the tree landed.

WX Storms are hit and miss. You could find the exact opposite a half block away but I know the history of the two roofs I mentioned above.
    Commercial roofer says it all.

My roof was decked with 5/8 inch plywood and not chipboard. The top of roof trusses at 2x6's. there is something solid to put a metal roof on. I have double and triple hurricane straps. Ever other house for miles around had a blue roof and mine did not after Ivan. I am in a high wind zone.
    But there are micro-events that occur in storms where even more destructive winds are present. The other thing is the orientation of your roof to the storm.

Top Bottom