• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just as the title states, this is a jumping off point for all the discussion of getting a/some competitive shooting club(s) started in Baldwin County.

As stated in the Eastern Shore Thread, I'm interested, but I don't know much about competitive shooting at all.

Some of the things we need to get figured out:

How many people are interested?
    List of people interested (updated 2/17):
    TennJeep1618
    Ryan
    Ammo
    Blackeyes
    ilintner
    Stanley
    Stagman
    mattgatesphoto
    JonTheRevelator
    vanhammersly
    joe
    adrenaline

Where would we be able to practice/conduct matches?
    Possibly a place called Tac-Site in Magnolia Springs

Do we need to get any kind of certification or blessing from a national association?
    We may not be able to hold "official" matches at the facility, due to insurance reasons. We are still at the gathering info stage.

I would rather not be in charge of this, but I will be happy to help out in any way I can.

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Re: Official Baldwin County Competitive Shooting Intrest/Discussion Thread

I'd rather someone more experienced be in charge. I have no problem paying and supporting the website/media side and jumping in anywhere I can help. I'm in Daphne.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a list of people on the GCGF that I know would be interested Ammo, Blackeyes, Ilinter, Stanley, myself, and I know a couple of people that are not on GCGF that would be interested. Check with the FOP range in Fairhope and if we did IDPA the we would need to be IDPA members which cost $40 a year

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Updated the the fist post. I'll try my best to continue to do this as we go along, but I make no promises.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here is a list of people on the GCGF that I know would be interested Ammo, Blackeyes, Ilinter, Stanley, myself, and I know a couple of people that are not on GCGF that would be interested. Check with the FOP range in Fairhope and if we did IDPA the we would need to be IDPA members which cost $40 a year

I didn't understand if you were asking me or someone to check with the FOP range or if you already had. Can you clarify?

Thanks!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have time to head this, but would be willing to help in any way and Ammo said he would help also. Even if we didn't shoot IDPA we could set up some stages and go at it without being a member of an organization. Somebody should talk to SAWMAN he was an RO for IDPA maybe he would be able to help us out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Has anybody contacted the FOP range yet?

I would rather let someone call that has more knowledge about the competitions than I do.

Sent from my phone that thinks it is smarter than I am. Please ignore any spelling, grammar or punctuation errors.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would rather let someone call that has more knowledge about the competitions than I do.

Sent from my phone that thinks it is smarter than I am. Please ignore any spelling, grammar or punctuation errors.

You know as much as I do but I understand maybe somebody will step up. We need a leader not someone that sucks peter haha!

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know someone who is a member there I'll ask to see if he has any guidance. I'm interested in becoming an associate member for idpa or just shooting. Gold mine is a little too small for me It feels like I'm back in Key West shooting the M16 inside a semi truck trailer.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a friend that is with the sheriff's department and i happened to see him yesterday. I mentioned the idea to him and he called someone who is a member of the FOP who shots there fairly frequently. The FOP member said he believes that someone has to join the FOP before they can get access to the range, then pay $50/year to use it. He also said that the range is reserved for particular agencies from time to time, but wasn't sure if they would allow a group of non LEO's to rent/reserve it.

I realize this isn't much info, but I figured I'd share it anyway. My friend said he would try to look into it a little more, but he said the guy he called was his best line of information.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds fun! I've never had anything to do with competitive shooting besides clays with buddies, but I'm interested in learning and making some new shooting friends.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heck let's get some dueling trees and some 22 rifles and give it hell

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHERE? I would love to go to some private land (close by) and have some fun! I haven't been able to do that since I moved down here along time ago. I grew up out of city limits and was able to go out back where we had a burm and shoot with friends and family whenever we wanted to. Miss that!!

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Any update on this?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom