• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fort Worth TX police do have a problem. A call by neighbors over an open door resulted in killing of a resident. The officers warning was followed without any delay by him firing through a window. A search of the home later found a pistol.
    The only advice I can give is the people do have to be careful about peering out of their window at strangers in their yard.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort-worth-police-shooting/index.html
    (CNN)A black woman was shot and killed by a white police officer in her Fort Worth, Texas home after a neighbor called dispatchers to report the woman's front door was open, police said.
    The officers were searching the perimeter of the woman's home when they saw a person standing near a window inside and one of them opened fire, killing her, Fort Worth police said.
    The Tarrant County Medical Examiner identified the woman killed as 28-year-old Atatiana Koquice Jefferson. The medical examiner placed her time and place of death as Saturday at 2:30 a.m. in the bedroom of her home.
    A cause and manner of death for Jefferson are not yet listed.

Hours after the shooting, police released a heavily edited version of the officer's body camera footage. The nearly 2-minute video shows officers walking outside the home with flashlights for a few minutes before one of them yells, "Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" and shoots his weapon through a window.

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm waiting for the apologists to show up and splain how this was a good shoot.

Meanwhile I'm laughing at the fact that I kill lights and grab an AR with night vision when I think something's outside. People are going to start shooting first as this isnt the first time it's happened and rightfully so.

In Houston we have had home invasions by turds dressed as police

Did anyone see the bodycam video?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In this case there was a specific 911 call. If there is an active pursuit the police could also end up on your property with weapons out and ready to fire.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm waiting for the apologists to show up and splain how this was a good shoot.

Meanwhile I'm laughing at the fact that I kill lights and grab an AR with night vision when I think something's outside. People are going to start shooting first as this isnt the first time it's happened and rightfully so.

In Houston we have had home invasions by turds dressed as police

Did anyone see the bodycam video?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Ain't nobody going to play apologist for this one...
    looks like he accidently pulled the trigger...to me at least...
    but he's gonna be in a world of poo for it.

Last edited:

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In this case there was a specific 911 call. If there is an active pursuit the police could also end up on your property with weapons out and ready to fire.

I read early on that the non emergency number was called.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most recent information that I am aware of
    Latest version of events:

...........when the information was relayed to two police officers who responded, it was classified as an “open structure” call, a vague term that can mean anything from an abandoned house to a burglary. The officers parked about a block away, spoke in low voices as they crept through the yard and did not knock on the door to announce themselves as the police.
    ..................The woman, Atatiana Jefferson, had been up late playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew when she heard noises outside. Her nephew told the authorities that she had pulled a handgun from her purse and pointed it at the window, according to an arrest warrant released on Tuesday.
    .....unclear what the officer, Aaron Y. Dean, saw when he looked into the window, which was obscured by the reflection of his flashlight on the glass, at least according to the body camera video released by the police. Mr. Dean has declined to give an interview to investigators,...
    From his partner and not helpful for sure
    ...........his partner on the call said that she saw only Ms. Jefferson’s face in the window at the time of the shooting.

....................Ms. Jefferson’s brother, Adarius Carr, said the problems in the Fort Worth Police Department extended beyond the actions of a single officer.
    “This rookie cop is not going to be the scapegoat for what happened,” he said. “Yes, he is going to take his punishment, but the system failed him. Whoever senior who was with him failed him. Whoever sent him out failed him. The training failed him. There is a lot that has to get fixed.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/u...ort-worth.html

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Parked a block away, sneaked up to residents home and didn't announce any presence until milliseconds before trigger pull. Sounds just like the local shooting here a few years ago when that guy was digging in his car trying to find a lighter for a smoke when the neighbor called the law and the cops shot at him like 18 times in the driveway.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My opions and SWAG:
    "Her nephew told the authorities that she had pulled a handgun from her purse and pointed it at the window, according to an arrest warrant released on Tuesday."

Did LE recover a handgun near the Victims body? THIS being a SECOND firearm since still image from CopCam shows a handgun on top of a table in the background within a second or two of the Shot. Point being the Nephew's answer may have been coached, which window did she point it at? Did he only see her with a handgun BEFORE it was placed on the table and not at the time she was shot.

Unless we have a second handgun or time travel: the Nephew's Statement incorrect or incomplete from not persuing details. We don't even know if he was in the same room with her when she was shot.

Officer's Commands didn't State Drop the gun. "Show me your hands, raise your hands" would infer he had not seen a gun to that point. Did sh have a (Second) gun in her hand? Did her "startled/suprised" reaction movement pose a Threat.

I don't know of any Civ/Mil/LE (-snips) firearms training that directs you to fire a single shot and evaluate its effectiveness and determine if a additional shot is needed in real life situations. No, we shoot until the Threat Stops. Wouldn't a close quarters threat be fired upon several times on initiation? A second shot can be on the way before the body crumples, even from a first shot CNS hit. Old adage: If its worth shooting once, its worth shooting a second time. Officer probably was perceiving some level of threat, was responding to it but stress induced "Trigger Creep" crossed the Line before the Threat Level did: so we get a single fatal ND and not a Close Quarters Threat response. IMHO

Life ended, Lives shattered and unfortunately, these type incidents are becoming more frequent. People on lawful paths can collide in tragedy.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My opions and SWAG:
    "Her nephew told the authorities that she had pulled a handgun from her purse and pointed it at the window, according to an arrest warrant released on Tuesday."

Did LE recover a handgun near the Victims body? THIS being a SECOND firearm since still image from CopCam shows a handgun on top of a table in the background within a second or two of the Shot. Point being the Nephew's answer may have been coached, which window did she point it at? Did he only see her with a handgun BEFORE it was placed on the table and not at the time she was shot.

Unless we have a second handgun or time travel: the Nephew's Statement incorrect or incomplete from not persuing details. We don't even know if he was in the same room with her when she was shot.

Officer's Commands didn't State Drop the gun. "Show me your hands, raise your hands" would infer he had not seen a gun to that point. Did sh have a (Second) gun in her hand? Did her "startled/suprised" reaction movement pose a Threat.

I don't know of any Civ/Mil/LE (-snips) firearms training that directs you to fire a single shot and evaluate its effectiveness and determine if a additional shot is needed in real life situations. No, we shoot until the Threat Stops. Wouldn't a close quarters threat be fired upon several times on initiation? A second shot can be on the way before the body crumples, even from a first shot CNS hit. Old adage: If its worth shooting once, its worth shooting a second time. Officer probably was perceiving some level of threat, was responding to it but stress induced "Trigger Creep" crossed the Line before the Threat Level did: so we get a single fatal ND and not a Close Quarters Threat response. IMHO

Life ended, Lives shattered and unfortunately, these type incidents are becoming more frequent. People on lawful paths can collide in tragedy.
    They are being reported and not ignored or covered up. With body cams and also the times, shootings do gain attention.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    From viewing the video I think it was a gross ND

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I saw on the news a couple of days ago that the officer has been charged with murder

(CNN)The former Fort Worth police officer who fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson in her home Saturday morning was arrested and charged with murder Monday, police said.

The officer, Aaron Dean, was arrested around 6 p.m. CDT, and posted bail about 3 hours later, officials said. He was being held on a $200,000 bond, according to the county's inmate information website.

Top Bottom