Patriot Mobile

Pep Boys is closing. Most everything is 40% off.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The Pep Boys retail store on Davis is closing. Most everything except tires and batteries are 40% off. The auto repair side is staying open. The salesperson said it is nationwide. Sad. Now Auto Zone can raise their prices. No competition. It really is sad to see another store go out of business.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They should close the repair side,thats where there prob is. I know they got to make money but dont face to face try and break it off in ya. They are crooks like car sales men.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There's still O'Reilly's, too.
    And the online place, rockauto...

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn’t have noticed PB closing at all, the Advanced near me has a local guy working their that knows his stuff, I go their because of him. The line in front of his register to get him to help is usually longer but when you need actual help beyond where’s the wiper blades? A Knowledgeable staff is priceless when it comes to auto parts stores.

A woman at Auto Zone once told me they would need to order me a car battery. I looked at the wall of batteries and said “it’s right their”
    Her “that’s the wrong size, the part number doesn’t match the one listed for your car”
    Me “is it top post? Is it 12v?”
    Her....
    Me “it’ll work”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    After many years of ignoring the local Pep Boys in Gulf Breeze I recently bought a battery there. I didn't know they are closing stores, but now I'm wondering if anyone will be around if the warranty is needed.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never been in one. Am I really missing something? I hold the stealership responsible for what is under warranty, and do what I can on my own.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless it's a part I need immediately Roackauto.com is the place to go. Their prices are so much better it's amazing. Example last week I needed a rear wheel bearing and hub assembly for my wife's Infiniti. Advance Auto Price $190.99 plus tax, Napa $179.00 plus tax. Rockauto $64 plus $12 shipping, no tax. I've been buying there for a few years, their parts are as good as anywhere else and prices can't be beat. Bought a radiator there a year or 2 ago for $105 shipped that the next best price I found was around $225.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hard to believe Napa was cheaper than Advance Auto. Went into a Napa looking for a part years ago. Salesman gave me the price and I said, damn thats high. Asked him if NAPA stood for Not Another Place Around?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd rather walk than deal with Pep Boys and the one on Davis has been a shit show since I got here in 92.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've used Pep Boys as much as any other Local auto parts store, never had a problem with them. Whoever I call that has the part in stock "now" gets my business. If not in Stock anywhere, I still have the info on how soon each one can get and lock it in.

Ichan automotive Group owns PepBoys. This month they stated they were expanding and opening new service locations. Moving more into DIFM (DO it for me) market. Parts obviously are DIY. Shade tree grease monkeys are aging and/or stymied by a lot of computer system controls. Then there's the up and coming generations general lack of mechanical aptitude and beta male unwillingness to get their hands dirty.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they banged my car door on a tool chest then drove it out of the stall without removing the plastic chain behind it , haven't been back

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Well I bit. 400 bucks worth of stuff for 235
    Items ending with a zero are already clearanced and have more percentage off.
    Only bought what I normally use. No impulse or because it was a good deal.
    Oil, filters, car wash supplies....

Top Bottom